300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my NYPD DQ letter

They disqualified me for medical. Apparently anyone who has used anti convulsive medication (epilepsy) within the past 12 months gets tossed in the crap can. ACLU wants me to file a lawsuit, but if I did that I'd probably never get on with a department. What ****es me off is that I haven't had an "episode" in 5 years and when I did have them it was only right after waking up and lasted approx. 30 seconds. Wasn't even the typical seizure, just fidgeting.

Check this link and then scroll down to seizures. It explains what the main concerns are.

http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/pdf/Neuro.pdf
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Serpico
      They disqualified me for medical. Apparently anyone who has used anti convulsive medication (epilepsy) within the past 12 months gets tossed in the crap can. ACLU wants me to file a lawsuit, but if I did that I'd probably never get on with a department. What ****es me off is that I haven't had an "episode" in 5 years and when I did have them it was only right after waking up and lasted approx. 30 seconds. Wasn't even the typical seizure, just fidgeting.
      well i am sorry to hear this but dont stop there is someone who will take you just a matter of finding them good luck to you
      "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

Nypd

Are you sure that's why they DQ'd you? What did your letter say. Sometimes there is more than one reason. Just a qestion, when was the exam you took? and how long did it take them for your BI before they sent you that letter? Do you have anything elese that would have given them a reason to get rid of your application?

Comment

Originally posted by sheriff2004
          Are you sure that's why they DQ'd you? What did your letter say. Sometimes there is more than one reason. Just a qestion, when was the exam you took? and how long did it take them for your BI before they sent you that letter? Do you have anything elese that would have given them a reason to get rid of your application?
          I never went through the process. Like an idiot, I sent them a letter asking if this would be an automatic disqualifier. Last time I pull that crap.

L-1, thanks for that link. My condition is the most mild form of epilepsy and was more like a sleeping disorder than a seizure disorder, according to my neurologist.

I never actually was examined by any NYPD doctors, so I'm not too worried about the situation.

Thanks fellas.
          Last edited by Serpico; 05-06-2005, 06:14 PM.

Comment

nypd

take the next test and say nothing. If it isn't a problem,it isn't a problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5514 users online. 375 members and 5139 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X