300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it too late to start ?

im 26 and have been thinking about trying to get in to the local police department but im wondering if im a little to old to be getting started on a new career (keep im mind if i do every join the local pd i would want to work my way up the ranks)

no, perfect time to hire on. I think the average age in my academy was >26yo
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

No way! There are guys in my academy class (this is an agency sponsored academy) who are in their 40's - the oldest is 51! He said is always wanted to be a cop, and now that his wife is divorcing him - he's finally doing what he always dreamed. I guess it's never too late! Good luck!

Comment

Re

No, bneil..You are at a great age. I'm 41, and trying to get in. I feel I'm more mature now than I was a few years ago. I'm also in the best physical shape of my life as well.

Now, hopefully I'm not going to be chasing bad guys in my 60s ..I want to be retired and out on the golf course by then, but I'm at the age now where I feel I will perform at an optimum level.

Gil
        "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

34yo here and applying in several places

I have this same post here in a different section and all the feedback I am getting is positive

GL
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

Too OLD? NOT I started in LE at 24 put 10 years in 1 place and just started a new department. Ha A 10 year rookie... Never to old to start unless you live in Jersey or New York...ALot of departments would rather have someine with a little life experience and obviously that comes with age. My best bud was a chef for 14 years and just became a NJ state trooper at 34... Good time to do it.,
            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by bneil
              im 26 and have been thinking about trying to get in to the local police department but im wondering if im a little to old to be getting started on a new career (keep im mind if i do every join the local pd i would want to work my way up the ranks)
              26? LOL. I am 36 just graduated from the academy in Feb, and just got hired by a department. 26, your a young pup still.
              If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

I'm 26 myself and am going for the NYPD. Go for it!

Comment

I'm 26 and am currently in an academy. Its a great age to start. More maturity in most people and young enough to have a long career and be out before the pains really start.
                  Day by Day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny...

Comment

Age is a number, right? I started at 24 and I think anything less than that may be too young in many cases (go ahead, flame me young'uns!). There was a guy in my rookie class that was 52 if I recall correctly. Maturity is a must in this job, and that typically comes with age. You are in the perfect age range to become a great cop, still young enough to do the PT and retire before you die, but old enough to know how to keep your mouth shut and learn - a problem many rookies have.

Good luck,
                    Gibbmusic
                    Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9440 users online. 296 members and 9144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X