300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for update

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next academy??
    I have heard Sept/Oct...But I did hear a nasty rumor of Feb of 2006!!!(hope thats not true )

For the NYSP..sorry forgot to put the agency!! DOH!
    Last edited by Rutty81; 05-05-2005, 07:28 PM.

God I hope not Feb!!!!!

I am processing for the Aug/Sept academy, I have not heard anything other than the next academy would be in Aug or probably Sept. Right now I am in the background phase and I'm waiting to hear whats next.
    When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

Nysp

Usually the academy's are every 6 months. So if there is one in Aug, then Feb will be the next one. That's the rotation.

Comment

I just heard it might be delayed thats all. As for me the sooner the better! good luck Ranter!

Comment

I just talked to my recruiter today and he said based on my ranking and what he knows of my processing I can almost count on being in the academy in early Sept. The worst I should be is being back-fill. So Rutty I would say I'll hopefully see you in Sept if you already finished processing. BTW my rank is 2402, Whats yours?
          When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

I actually processed for the Feb 14th class but didn't get called. So my background is all done.. (we all still have to go for the final medical exam, again..) I think my number is 1400 or 1410. Don't remember exactly. Early september would be great!

Comment

I heard that the feb class is graduating on Aug 9th and that the fall class should begin shortly thereafter. However, the feb. class was supposed to have gone in during Jan, so I guess we won't know for sure until it get's closer. I also processed for last class and ended up on the backfill when they cut the class from 200 to 163. Don't we have to meet with our BI again, as well as retake the physical?

Comment

Yeah , we ahve to meet with are investigator again , to updated arrest/tixs and if you moved and stuff. then the final medical one more time.(like we took in jan).

I was told we would hear from are investigators in late may/early june

hope that helps

Jeff

Comment

just FYI. I heard from my BI today, he just did a brush-up...

Comment

I just heard from my BI yesterday to update also. Go in for a visit on monday.

Comment

sounds like they are all on the same page....hope that it all goes well

Comment

Originally posted by Ranter64
                        I just talked to my recruiter today and he said based on my ranking and what he knows of my processing I can almost count on being in the academy in early Sept. The worst I should be is being back-fill. So Rutty I would say I'll hopefully see you in Sept if you already finished processing. BTW my rank is 2402, Whats yours?

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but they only went to the high 800s to get the 163. There is still 1200 people form the last processing that will have to go through the medical again who will be ahead of you. Then there is the 401 people ahead of you who processed a few weeks ago...

So, maybe you will have to wait another class before you fulfill your destiny of becoming an ***** (as you so eloquently put it in a previous post which I have copied to this post)

Post by Ranter64
                        Is it my Destiny?

Judging by other posts on multiple threads I have gathered the most of the people on these boards do not have the highest opinion of troopers, especially of the NY variety. (judging by some of the posts I can see why) But If my hopes come to be and I make it as a NY trooper am I destined to be an ***** and be disliked by all, LEOs or otherwise....
                        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

The processing that occured a few weeks ago are for candidates that are processing for the first time. This includes military personnel returning from duty and new candidates from the list that didn't process for the FEB academy. NYSP processes 10 people for every 1 slot. So if they only got to the 800's in list number and they are looking to have a class of 163 (for example) then they are going to call 1630 people. Which brings them into 2400's for list number they are going to call...
                          1630 + 800 = 2430

so there is a chance that someone with a list number in there can make it into the academy.

Note: the 10:1 is off the NYSP web page, class size is only a example, and 800 is from wannabeenytrp.....

As for me, I have no idea how large the next class is going to , nor have I heard rumors. I also don't know when it is . Maybe I will hear more on monday. So I wouldn't lose hope Ranter or anyone else.....

Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
                            ...Judging by other posts on multiple threads I have gathered the most of the people on these boards do not have the highest opinion of troopers, especially of the NY variety. (judging by some of the posts I can see why) But If my hopes come to be and I make it as a NY trooper am I destined to be an ***** and be disliked by all, LEOs or otherwise....
                            I never knew that. I'm originally from northern NY and don't have a bad opinion of troopers. One I know personally.

Comment

Originally posted by tripledouble
                              I never knew that. I'm originally from northern NY and don't have a bad opinion of troopers. One I know personally.

I never heard anything negative either until a candidate going through the processing on this site expressed concern about what others thought of Troopers, especially NYSP. Kinda weird trying to get into an organization when you don't think to highly of them.
                              Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5457 users online. 242 members and 5215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X