Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh. I had a warrant out for my arrest in Louisiana.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoYo
    replied
    Why don't you call the DA's Office and ask them to look at your file. Just because you your listed as having a warrant, dosen't mean all the paper work in your casefile isn't correct. You never know it could be just that simple.

Leave a comment:

• STRAPPED
    replied
    warants

i also went through the same thing,i had a warrant in ny and found out about it when i applied at the prison.i called albany ny.paid a fine of 500.00 and was cleared under technicality.the warrant was for 6 unpaid non-reg,speeding.be honest we all do stupid stuff as a kid.take responsability and get er done...

Leave a comment:

• JML65
    replied
    I hope so.

OFF TOPIC -
    cliffs - crazy day at work

At least I started selling cars today. It was funny, I went to get a vehicle with a customer and it wasn't there (the vehicle was about 175 yards away).

After that, I was sent across the street to get keys to another one. I couldn't get keys because I didn't have my badge (I was 30 minutes new). So, after I finally got keys, I brought the vehicle over.

We went for a test drive. About 1 block from the dealership at the Citgo, we switched over so the wife could drive. As soon as we pulled to the downslope of the stations exit, it ran out of gas.

Her large husband and I pushed the vehicle to the pump and I put 10 bucks of my own money into it (I will get it back).

Needless to say, I didn't quite get my sale.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied
    JML, Stay positive. Your BI wants you to succeed too.

One thing you may want to try is the ASU legal clinic. They have third year law students doing pro-bono work supervised by law professors. They do a good job, so check it out.

Good luck man.

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    Originally posted by JML65
    I am going to give her a call on Monday. I do want the contact information so I can fix this.

I can't go into the Air Force with a warrant on my record, so I hope they are allowed to put 2 and 2 together.

usafcop - Where are you stationed at. I am in SF, getting out officially on the 18th. I was at Hill for 6 years, but deployed 6 times.
    Currently at Pease (ANGB) (active) going to CLear AFS

Leave a comment:

• JML65
    replied
    I am going to give her a call on Monday. I do want the contact information so I can fix this.

I can't go into the Air Force with a warrant on my record, so I hope they are allowed to put 2 and 2 together.

usafcop - Where are you stationed at. I am in SF, getting out officially on the 18th. I was at Hill for 6 years, but deployed 6 times.

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    I can get JAG, but I have tried them before and they were worthless for any advice in a civil case for me.

I will see what the Phoenix PD says.

I hope this will clear up.
    I know they are officers, but they couldn't even point you in the direction of someone who could help you??? Definetly be talking with the PD, they'll let you know your options. Don't be afraid to be active in clearing it up. You may not be a lawyer. Did you say your paperwork from the incident? I know it has been 6 years. Hope these random ideas at least help a little

Leave a comment:

• JML65
    replied
    I can get JAG, but I have tried them before and they were worthless for any advice in a civil case for me.

I will see what the Phoenix PD says.

I hope this will clear up.

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    I can't afford a lawyer.

What happens if there is a different DA and they have no knowledge of the incident? This could be really easy to fix, or it could be a horrendous nightmare.

I was really young and too stupid to keep the agreement that I believe I signed.

On an OT note, some gumbo and crawfish sure sounds good. I have been in Utah (and now AZ) for so long that I forgot what that stuff tastes like.
    You're AF?? Talk to your JAG. They won't be able to represent you, but they will advise, and maybe be able to point you to a local well priced attorney

Leave a comment:

• JML65
    replied
    I owe mommy $2000 still (my 65 Mustang hot rod cost a little too much). I haven't decided if the job is just for the summer. I am quite confident in my ability to pull in $50K plus in a year just starting out. I would rather make $40K in the PD though, you know.

I still haven't heard back from my background investigator. I will call her Monday.

But, as far as the damage goes, is it permanent? What I mean is, even if Phoenix finds out that I am being truthful about the warrant being wrong, are the records fixable immediately?

I am not really sure how this works. I also don't want to bug my background investigator because she knows what she is doing.

Leave a comment:

• smith0096
    replied
    You have got to be kidding?

I agree with the earlier statement. If this is a career and not just a summer job I'd be borrowing some $$$ from mommy and getting this taken care of. Your fellow officers, being a new officer, will certainly hear of this warrant and the trust level is then nothing...when there is no trust...you have nothing!

Leave a comment:

• JML65
    replied
    Hmm, if I have to get and pay for a lawyer, someone is going to lose their job while I am at it because this would cost me a crazy ammount of money in loss of work and travel.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    You can't NOT afford a lawyer if you really care about working in LE

Leave a comment:

• JML65
    replied
    I can't afford a lawyer.

What happens if there is a different DA and they have no knowledge of the incident? This could be really easy to fix, or it could be a horrendous nightmare.

I was really young and too stupid to keep the agreement that I believe I signed.

On an OT note, some gumbo and crawfish sure sounds good. I have been in Utah (and now AZ) for so long that I forgot what that stuff tastes like.

Leave a comment:

• setexas
    replied
    Send them some gumbo, and all will be well.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18901 users online. 496 members and 18405 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X