300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas cities

Out of curiosity can someone explain the transfer process (if there is one) for out-of-state certified LEO's wanting to move to Texas? I'm Florida certified, currently a Reserve Deputy, with some non-LE experience (security, crime lab, DNA stuff... nothing too technical). I lived in San Antonio my whole life before moving to Florida and am brainstorming the idea of moving back to the SA or Dallas area... can anyone assist me in any way with information?

The TCLEOSE web site has complete info on how to do this but in a nut shell, pay your $300 (I think that is the cost) and take a test and then you are certified as long as you are POST certified in your home state.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

dumb question sorry... but POST certified? as in I went through the academy, took the test, passed, and i'm now a sworn, gun-toting, by-g*d reserve deputy sheriff? yep.

Comment

Yes, that is equivelant. Whatever your state certification is called. Most states are called POST or Police Officer Standards & Training.
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

do you have any ideas about departments outside of dallas? like... grand prairie or any of those suburb towns around dallas? College Station (Aggieland) has crossed my mind too so I could go back to A&M (another drawback... I don't have a bachelor's yet).

Comment

Most cities req at least 30 units, a couple req 60 like Hurst and Arlington req's a BS. You might want to hedge your bets and apply at Hurst/Euless/N. Richland Hills. One test for 3 dept's.

Comment

awesome... thanks. i'm just brainstorming... i'd be pretty dumb to give up what i have here because i have some pretty good connections going on with the SO and FDLE but i'm tempted to try to go through to College Station just for kicks because I miss Texas A&M. The thought of going through the whole process just to be put on a LIST kind of kills the motivation though.

Comment

one more thing... do you need to be certified before you apply? even if they hire recruits? could i go through the app process and then take the test? i'm thinking about applying but i don't want to spend the $300 for the certification and all the money for all the flights down for polygraph and interviews and the LEVEL test just to apply at one agency... i probably have a better chance of seeing God than getting on at the only agency in Texas I apply with. lol.

Comment

http://www.tcleose.state.tx.us/

That is the web site you need to be looking at. I have no idea about College Station but their are a lot of colleges up in the DFW area you could finish your degree at.

Comment

I haven't personally seen any dept's that req you to already be certified but then, I am not looking outside the Metroplex. Many of the departments will req you to go through another academy even if you are certified from out of state, some not though. If you plan it right, you could take the TCLEOSE test and test for a department all in the same week. They offer the test at various places and times across the state. I think your chances of getting out of the academy are higher though if you have taken the test.

PK

Comment

College Station and Bryan

If your looking to get back to Aggieland, I know that CSPD and Bryan are hiring. I'm in the process now, we tested in April, and they will again test in October / November time frame. They dont' require degrees.

mark

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3119 users online. 190 members and 2929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X