300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearwater, FL?

I'm still looking at various FL departments that I might be interested in moving to in a year or two. Has anybody got any info Clearwater PD? Let me hear it all, the good, the bad, the ugly, etc. Does anybody know if they have take-home cars, their website didn't specify. I love my take-home, makes life much easier.

Gibbmusic
    Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

If that's your car in your picture, they'll probably assign you to bicycle patrol.
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbmusic
      I'm still looking at various FL departments that I might be interested in moving to in a year or two. Has anybody got any info Clearwater PD? Let me hear it all, the good, the bad, the ugly, etc. Does anybody know if they have take-home cars, their website didn't specify. I love my take-home, makes life much easier.

Gibbmusic
      Go with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Call and ask for B.J. Lyons - last I knew he was their hiring officer. If you're a former Marine you're WAY ahead of the game.
      If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

No military service but I've got 5 years sworn in NC with an unblemished record. Washingtonian: That is my car in the picture, I have a topic posted on here about our worst car crashes, you can read the whole story there. The short, short version is I was hit by a drunk driver.

Gibbmusic

Comment

Im pretty sure Clearwater pd does not have take home cars. I did their oral board...it was very tough. Its a beatuful town though...thats all i know about it.

Comment

Your chances of getting on with CPD are not good, they are very picky, and have a ton of applicants. Good luck.
            It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Originally posted by Utah
              Im pretty sure Clearwater pd does not have take home cars. I did their oral board...it was very tough. Its a beatuful town though...thats all i know about it.
              Yes they allow take home cars, and they were recruiting, if you didnt have previous LE you needed College ay least 60 hrs. I met alot of nice guys there, and they will tell you there FTO is the hardest in the area to pass. Largo is also another good agency. Just always remember the good and bad will always depend on the person your talking to.

If your looking at them as an agency I would say go for it. I have heard alot of nice things and they seem to fly under the Media radar which is pretty good for Florida especially tha Tampa Bay area as lately it seems we are always in the spotlight.
              I've got friends in low places

Comment

Their website states "Must have a 2-year college degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university." I contacted a recruiter last fall and was told they do not waive the college requirement for experience.
                http://www.municipaldesigns.com - Web solutions for municipal government, police, fire, and EMS agencies.

Comment

Not a problem there either, I'll be finishing my 4-year Bachelor's degree this fall.

Gibbmusic

Comment

I had already been FL certified when I applied to CPD after 3 yrs with Greensboro PD, NC. I was turned down because they were concerned about why I would leave a dept that I was happy to work for. Apparently the fact that I already had tried to start a career in FL and already got certified and still wanted to work there despite a good career in NC flew over their heads. So yes...they are kinda picky. The field training is hard also, a friend of mine failed and he was a sharp guy. There is/was a guy there named Patterson I think. He was an English professor and taught report writing there. He is an incredibly nit-picky a-hole. Picture the fat guy from the Penn and Teller show yelling at you about grammar and sentence structure. I'm on the nerdy side as far as reports go but this guy is a report writing Nazi. I hope he's not there anymore.

Comment

Orange, I guess you ended up staying in NC, since that's where your profile says you are. What made you change your mind?

BTW, our department is about to lose a good officer to Greensboro PD.

Gibbmusic

Comment

I never changed my mind, I just can't get hired anywhere I want to work in FL. Read the can't pass a poly thread by JML.

Comment

Everyone's forgetting the best perk of working for Clearwater...

Free Scientology classes!
                          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

swatcop

Hey SWATCOP, I've got a couple fo questions for you, how do I reach you?
                            It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3488 users online. 224 members and 3264 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X