Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is This !! Bad Experience During Poly!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is This !! Bad Experience During Poly!!

I posted a thread a few days ago about my situation............Department received app, all my info including driving history included.......HR Reviewed all docs for any DQ (None)( I have a poor driving record but no tx for 2 years) and set me up for an oral.
    I did great on the Oral....Highest score of the month ! Commander liked me alot ! Set me up for psyc.....Spent 8 hours taking the tests yesterday (Im not crazy) according to the psyc......Today went for my Poly.....Im thinking no prob.....im going to be 100% honest I have nothing to hide.....They know my driving history, they have a copy of my BK papers.......Well the woman examiner (rude as can be) asks me the questions regarding my background.......She pulls out my driving history and starts huffing about how many tickets I have and that this is border line......Next we go into my credit, well I have a BK and a couple of collection accounts worth about 3500 in total....They are my x-wife's responsibility according to my divorce decree.....The examiner huffs! If they are in your report they belong to you, that is how we look at it here! I have documents giving her full rights and title to those accounts........She goes on to ask me about owing to IRS.....Yes I am on a payment plan for 2000-2001 back taxes......I pay every month 400.00........Anyways to make a long story short she gets up leaves for 5 min......comes back and says: This portion of the test is concluded (keep in mind I never hooked up to the machine)....I asked why? She answered your application is under review HR flagged it and will get back to you in a few days about whether they will continue the process! What? This is BS ......you string me along and then this.......Not cool, this is a big dept. in S. FL and they should be a little more proffesional than to waste someones time..........They had most of the info on the thick app I filled out.....The only dicrepancy was that I chipped in for drugs 2 times for a dime bag 15 years ago..... and I didnt put that in the app. because the app asked if you had purchased drugs before.....I gave money towards it but didnt buy it directly.....She said well this would be buying it......Anyways bad Experience......If you want to know the agency email me privately....Needed to get that off my chest! I am drained....Should I loose hope?
    Last edited by Braveheart; 04-20-2005, 02:24 PM.

sorry to hear that

man that sounds like some of the b. s. i went through. i have a college degree in law enforcement, currently a reserve for large city in indiana. im ilea certified reserve and gave 400hours of time toward the academy given by the same dept i serve. no pay, no part times, nothing. have given 1000 hours of service over last 2.5 years. applied for full time positon, and was cut at the psych because doc said i would not do well in a " chain of command type position." doctor also said it takes alot to get me uspet, or bother me ,and i guess thats not a good trait for a public servant. when i informed him of my service already the man with the masters and probably doc. degree stated" huh, i wonder why the test says that". so i feel i was screwed too. all i can say is the lord has a plan, and it might not be for you to be there here and now. keep trying. ive had a taste of the profession and pray every night for the oppoutunity for a full time position.

god bless and godd luck.

Comment

Thanks.......God has a plan for us all........Im not loosing hope or faith......And You keep your head up....B4 long it will happen!

Comment

I have sent a letter.......I will keep you updated.....Is this a good idea?

Comment

"Chipping in for drugs" IS the same as buying them.

I can understand how not putting that on your app would DQ you...it is an honesty thing.

Comment

I am aware of that .......It was an honest mistake......17 years ago I gave buddy a couple of bucks to buy a nickel bag.....I did not know what it was for until after the fact in another incident I gave 1 buck towards a party contribution that they bought beer and marijuana......I was honest I just didnt think about until the poly lady put it that way......I wrote the dept a letter......hopefully it will clear it up......

Comment

was this broward county SO. if so, i know the relentless bitch you speak of. i had a poly there, my history is clean as a whistle, i have a college degree, no traffic history, no drug use, drink a little in college, fluent in spanish, perfect credit, etc. She tricked me into confessing to things i never did, and was DQ'd for admission of guilt for a previous undetected crime. that is garbage -- i never committed a crime, aside from not wearing a seat belt and sometimes driving over posted speed limits. just keep looking -- there is somewhere out there for you.

Comment

If you never did them, then why would you confess
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                  If you never did them, then why would you confess
                  I chipped in indirectly........So ultimately I did buy two times......I did not buy it personally, thats all.
                  I should have answered differently on my app. (My bad)......I was honest just misunderstood question.
                  Im just ****ed that she didnt even continue my poly, thats BS......she said "this concludes the poly" your account is going for review.....She said HR flagged it...BS !

Comment

Don't get too ****ed, she has her job and that is probably what she is reqired to do on any admission. Write your letter explaining yourself and get back in the game.
                    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

In your first post you said this:

Originally posted by Braveheart
                      The only dicrepancy was that I chipped in for drugs 2 times for a dime bag 15 years ago..... and I didnt put that in the app. because the app asked if you had purchased drugs before.....I gave money towards it but didnt buy it directly.....She said well this would be buying it......

Then you said this:

Originally posted by Braveheart
                      I am aware of that .......It was an honest mistake......17 years ago I gave buddy a couple of bucks to buy a nickel bag.....I did not know what it was for until after the fact in another incident I gave 1 buck towards a party contribution that they bought beer and marijuana...

I don't care if you smoked weed in the past and the department might not either...they might not even care if you BOUGHT weed 15 or 17 years ago. What they will care about is that you were dishonest...and given the fact that your 2 posts on this thread contradict each other, I suspect you have other honesty issues.

Comment

Originally posted by x5150x

Then you said this:

I don't care if you smoked weed in the past and the department might not either...they might not even care if you BOUGHT weed 15 or 17 years ago. What they will care about is that you were dishonest...and given the fact that your 2 posts on this thread contradict each other, I suspect you have other honesty issues.
                        It was 17 years ago .....In 1988.....My math was off....(I am so furious my head is not clicking) I gave the correct year....I was 17 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by x5150x

Then you said this:

There is no honesty issues......I gave money for a party and they bought beer and a dime bag with it (I did not know it was for drugs)......another time i gave money for a nickel bag.....In 1988 17 years ago .........

Comment

Your going to have to have a good reason why you gave money for some MJ that you didn't plan on smoking since you said you have never done any drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                              Your going to have to have a good reason why you gave money for some MJ that you didn't plan on smoking since you said you have never done any drugs.
                              I did not say that I didnt try it ......I have tried it 4 times.....17 years ago. The dept knows that......I have never personally bought it. "Chipped in" twice.
                              I wrote them a letter explaining the situation......I also included various documents showing that I am current in my payment plans House, IRS, and paid off 4 collection accounts that where in my report from my divorce 4 years ago (Paid Letters).......I hope it went into the right persons hand........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5797 users online. 395 members and 5402 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X