Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Rochester Police Physical

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if the Rochester police physical agility test is as difficult as it seems? And do they fail people if they don't even pass the first test? Or is it fairly simple that just about everyone can pass? The reason why i'm asking this is because when i went to take the Maryland Prince George physical test the testing cordinators were basically giving everyone a second chance. Which ****ed me off, because i'm physical fit and i tryed hard to be the best during the test, which really didn't mean much because it seemed like everyone was passing without trying much when i did!

Originally posted by Quanlow
    Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if the Rochester police physical agility test is as difficult as it seems? And do they fail people if they don't even pass the first test? Or is it fairly simple that just about everyone can pass? The reason why i'm asking this is because when i went to take the Maryland Prince George physical test the testing cordinators were basically giving everyone a second chance. Which ****ed me off, because i'm physical fit and i tryed hard to be the best during the test, which really didn't mean much because it seemed like everyone was passing without trying much when i did!
    The only tough part is the run...unless you're an avid runner, you'll be sucking wind to make the time. It's certainly do-able if you practice a bit, but don't just mosey in there without having done anything to prepare.
    Aggression will save you when caution won't.
    -Kent Anderson

Comment

physical scores

Here are the scores for male 20-29.
      Pushups: 29
      Sit-ups:38
      1.5 mile run: 12:29

It is nothing out of the ordinary for a PT test. It is a pass/fail test. The way I see it is people know they will have a PT test when they apply to the PD so they should of started getting in shape long time before hand. There is really no excuse to fail. Just my own humble opinion.
      "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2886
        The only tough part is the run...unless you're an avid runner, you'll be sucking wind to make the time. It's certainly do-able if you practice a bit, but don't just mosey in there without having done anything to prepare.
        It's only an 8 minute mile pace, that's not fast at all. I did my 1.5-mile run in 9:36.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
          It's only an 8 minute mile pace, that's not fast at all. I did my 1.5-mile run in 9:36.
          What's your point? Sure, if you run regularly it's a piece of cake, but if not, you'll be sucking wind. I'm 31 and don't work out that much, so that run was tough for me. Doesn't mean I couldn't do it, I was just saying that I was sucking wind afterwards.

By the way, how did that lightning-fast 9:36 work out for you?
          Aggression will save you when caution won't.
          -Kent Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
            Very decent time. I ran 8:51. I want to be at 7:30 at my Academys end. I see no reason for anyone to fail if one is any bit serious about LE.

(EMT - You post on OT, dont you? )

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2886
              By the way, how did that lightning-fast 9:36 work out for you?
              Worked out great, I start the academy in March.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10144 users online. 461 members and 9683 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X