300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Advice Florida Leo's

I am going to take a trip down to Florida and go to Broward County College. While down there I am going to take the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities and the TABE Test. I also am going to take the swim and PT test as well. I have a 4-year degree, and consider myself to be an intelligent person. How would you recommend I prepare for the written tests? What is on the tests? It sounds pretty simple, but I would like to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin
    Kevin

That 4 year college degree is all the preparation you need my friend. Can you add 6 plus 6....ok your good to go.

They are high school equiviancy tests so...i wouldnt miss sleep over it.

Now the swim test....i probably couldnt pass that one cause im a bad swimmer.

Comment

I'm with you on the swim test, Utah. I'm thinking of transferring down to FLA in a year or two, I guess I need to hit the pool in the meantime. I will probably be fine on the treading water part, but my "swimming" sucks. I'm not sure they would be happy with me doggie paddling 50 yards, specially when it takes me an hour!

Gibbmusic
      Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

JUST DON'T SHOW UP TO THE POOL IN YR SLINKY LEOPARD SPOTTED
        SPEEDO.......
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Why go through Broward? I belive Miami-Dade and Palm beach dont have the swim test. Are you set on working for a Broward county agency?
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I am not set on Broward County SO.
            Kevin

Comment

I am not set on Broward County SO. But, the agencies that I am looking into are mostly in that area. I would need to learn some Spanish if I wanted to work in Miami area. The swim test is not a concern for me; I swim 20 to 30 laps every week. Thanks for the info.
              Kevin

Comment

Well:

I took the CJBAT test a few weeks ago, approximately March 18th. It was to put honestly a joke, it wasn't hard at all. I don't mean to discredit it or anything but its really that easy. I haven't taken the TABE test so I can't comment but the CJBAT isn't anything to lose any sleep over.
                - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

If you have a college degree, you don't need to take the TABE. As other people have said, the CJBAT is pretty easy, so don't worry about it. The swim test is also very easy. Just make sure you wear LONG pants, not shorts or a swimsuit. You have to swim in long pants and a t-shirt. I'd recommend nylon pants if you have them...they won't weigh as much when wet. Personally, I'd be a little afraid to live in a county surrounded by water that didn't require its officers to know how to swim.

You'll also eventually need to take the obstacle course and timed run...both of which are also easy.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

From my recent experience......Swim test was where I saw a few people fail.....I am a good swimmer , however it is a little different with long pants on and when you hit the cold water it makes 50YDS seem like 100.....Do not take it for granted......But you will do fine......The rest goes pretty smooth if you are in decent shape. Good Luck !

Comment

Yeah one would think a state surrounded by all water., each department would have a swim test....but ive never taken one down here. I know i would jump in the water if need be but...

its not the swimming im afraid of, its the gators.

Comment

I know North Miami PD just recently got rid of their swim test because they felt that people from certain cultures/backgrounds couldn't swim and therefore wouldn't apply. So rather than broaden their recruiting efforts, they decide to loosen their hiring requirements...
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3720 users online. 238 members and 3482 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X