300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Beach area

Does anyone work for VA Beach or Norfolk PD? I checked both websites and was wondering if experienced officers (I have 6 years and a BA) come in at a higher pay rate. The pages did not provide this info, only recruit pay. I also was wondering if Norfolk had its own academy and do out of state certs have to attend the whole academy? Thanks in advance.

norfolk and virginia beach have thier own academies, and they both boost pay for those with X amount of years with another department if that department is within the state of virginia, thats how it was explained to me.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I worked in VA for two years and have been in SC for over 4. I was just trying to figure out whether I had to go through another academy.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV
        Thanks for the info. I worked in VA for two years and have been in SC for over 4. I was just trying to figure out whether I had to go through another academy.
        you will still have to go through the academy, but your pay wont be as that of a typical recruit from what i have gathered.
        both departments pay you while your in the academy. but because your not moving from one department to another while still staying in the state, you will have to go to the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5799 users online. 396 members and 5403 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X