300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Police Department

Hello, I recently passed all my oral, civil service, polygraph and so on with the Dallas Police Department. It's now up to the background investigation. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about DPD? I havn't heard much either way, and was wondring what some of the thoughts out there would be. The other options include Irving, Mesquite and Arligtion just to name a few. Let me know what your opinions.

Have a good friend at DPD. He has been there for about 8 years. He really likes it. Says it's a good group of guys. DPD recently had some problems with thier admin, but I hear it is better now.

Those other depts you menitoned are ok too.

Comment

How long has the process taked thus far?

Comment

It took a weekend. They do testing once a month or so. Check on the website.

Comment

MRG,

While it has been quite a few years since I was on the Dallas PD, not a whole lot has changed as I understand. It was then and continues to be a great Department to start out with and gain valuable experience and quality training.

That being said, I believe that it is not a Department that I would recommend as a career agency for many guys, due to the low pay, low morale, poor benefits, high turn-over rate, upper level political corruption and over all lack of job security.

On the plus side, it can be a great city to live in (so long as you

Comment

They have weekend testing now and then, check their website. They have accelerated testing for out of state applicants every week. The website tells you everything you need to know about applying.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

How far in advance do you have to apply for the out of towner testing process?

On the website it says they are testing over the weekend next month and in March but doesn't say the cut off date to apply. Do you just show up?

How long does DPD's process usually take?

Comment

Your good, just give them a call and set it up.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Is it a live in academy?

How long is their hiring process when using the out of towner process(from start to finish)?

Comment

They get all the interviews, poly, ect done in a week and then you wait. It is a regular academy, 8 months long, but a regular academy.

Comment

I tested for DPD the weekend before last. I really enjoyed the process, they were very helpful and encouraging throughout everything. I passed my oral board that Sunday morning and I guess all that I have left is my background investigation now.

pkagel - do you work for DPD? If so, do you know what their take-home program is like? Do you have to live within Dallas city limits or can you live within 30 minutes of the station you report to like Ft. Worth?

Comment

John, when did you register for the weekend process?

When did they say they would get back to you for Phase II?

I'm thinking of trying for Feb. or March but I'm not sure if there's enough time to register and couldn't get through on the recruitment number today.

Comment

No, I don't work for DPD, I'm actually processing w/ a suburban agency right now N. of Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnV
                            pkagel - do you work for DPD? If so, do you know what their take-home program is like? Do you have to live within Dallas city limits or can you live within 30 minutes of the station you report to like Ft. Worth?
                            No take home cars for regular patrol (I believe only TAC & K9 have take home cars).

There aren't any residency requirements.
                            Last edited by icecoldblueyes; 06-06-2008, 02:41 AM.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                            and I'm not sure about the former.
                            -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDjock
                              John, when did you register for the weekend process?

When did they say they would get back to you for Phase II?

I'm thinking of trying for Feb. or March but I'm not sure if there's enough time to register and couldn't get through on the recruitment number today.
                              I called the week before (less than 7 days) the testing and left a message. Officer Ortega called me back w/i 24 hours and scheduled me for that weekend. You should be fine if you call now for February. Just make sure you have all your docs, Civil Service app, and personal history statement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3116 users online. 185 members and 2931 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X