300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Va Abc

I was wondering if anyone had any information about what the VA ABC agents do. I performed a search but could not find much info other than a basic description of their duties. I was looking for info on what their day to day duties are and what type of benefits they have. Also, are they considered police officers? Any help would be appreciated.

They provide specialized law enforcement services for the Dept of ABC, enforcing statutory laws and regulations governing the ABC industry. Specific duties include initiating, planning and conducting moderate to complex investigations; making arrests for violations of alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, fraud, and financial fraud statutes; testifying in state and fed courts; and serving as an agency advocate. Additional duties involce preparing and presenting disciplinary cases to ABC hearing officers and performing special assignments such as instructor, electronic surveillance technician, pilot, or member of a local, state or federal task force.

*one of my colleagues is on the job currently, the above is from the position description, hope it helps!

Comment

Thanks D Dog that does help.

Does your colleague enjoy the job? Is it viewed as a stepping stone or a career position?

Any info on the benefits? Retirement? Work schedule?

Comment

He does enjoy the job, as for what the job is viewed as, that depends. For many it is in fact a stepping stone, for others it is a career choice, many former state troopers who get tired of the road pursue a career with ABC. Retirement is through the VA Retirement System which you can google to get more info on, hours from what I've been told are very flexible, it sounds like a good gig, personally, after i spend 5-10 years on the road, I would look into it, its not much of lights and sirens work, but there is a lot of investigative and administrative "law enforcement" opportunities, as well as some task force opportunities.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8986 users online. 416 members and 8570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X