300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Polygraph

I recently took a South FL LE polygraph exam for which I was rejected during the pre-poly screening. The reason being was that I stated that the last time I drank and drove, perhaps not even over the legal limit, was the summer of 2004. I am more than qualified for a career in LE, with a college degree and several internship experiences. I am pretty upset by this, will this rejection affect my pending applications with other LE agencies. I do not feel that this was fair, the way the questions were worded, the way I was forced to give the woman an exact date of which the driving incident took place (which I honestly do not remember a specific incident). Any insight on this?

You drove after drinknng alcohol LAST summer and you believe that should be overlooked?
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Yeah...no offense, but I'm not sure how I see this as unfair. A lot of people think they are qualified, or even OVER qualified, to work in law enforcement. I don't know you, so I can't speak to your experience or qualifications, but drinking and driving less than a year ago unfortunately does not speak well for your chances with any agency. Your best bet would be to wait a few years before applying again. That way, you will at least be gaining even MORE valuable experience while distancing yourself from errant behavior from the past.

Good luck!
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Yes, Understood that drinking and driving is a huge problem. This is not something that I do all the time. This is the one and only time that stands out in my mind, throughout my life, that I have drank and then drove, that I have felt guilty for for so long, and I was not by any means drunk. It came out because I was being honest. I have been preparing myself for a career in Law Enforcement for the past 5 years, doing everything I can, and being the most honest person I can be, and commanding myself with the upmost integrity in everything I do. For this reason I find this to be slightly unfair.

Comment

What are we classifying drinking and driving as? Driving over the limit or close, or drinking anything and then driving? I usually have a beer when I go out to dinner and then drive. However, if I have more than one, then I have the wife drive.
          sigpic

Comment

The incident im talking about was me going to a work party, having about 4 beers, then getting called by my family that my grandfather had fallen and was in the emergency room. I rushed the 3 miles to get there -- feeling awful about making the decision to drink and drive, however feeling very sober after hearing that my grandfather was in trouble.

Comment

That sucks. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just keep your head up and things will work out. Atleast no one can question your honesty.
              sigpic

Comment

what flight are you on i just got out i was in 90msfs i got in like october

Comment

you should have asked the interviewer when the last time she drove after drinking...not that anyone should drive while drunk, but having one or two drinks during a two hour dinner with your wife is not exactly going to effect your ability to drive and more importantly it is NOT illegal...however you did say you drank 4 beers, if it was in a short period of time and if your not a big guy it may affect you differently...

Comment

sorry for stealing you forum, but every one i tried to start just gets over looked my apologizes! if anyone could look this over and pm me or just let me know am i done or do i have a chance

I messed up my credit I was 19 and people where throwing credit at me. Im 23 now and paying for my mistakes literally. I didn
                    Last edited by joru123; 03-31-2005, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Anything is possible, but I would imagine you're going to have a rocky road ahead of you. The article 15 is probably what is going to hurt you the most. The 15 combined with a bad credit history, which was only a few years ago, not looking good.

BTW, I'm on flight 9.
                      sigpic

Comment

UhOH5/0,

I wish you the best but I think that Lawdog is right. Whatever the reason, you got behind the wheel after drinking. Most of us have been there at one time or another. However, you did it less than a year ago. Whether you were intoxicated is something that will not be solved here as we only have your word to go by. Let time pass, and keep up a good work history. I don't know how Florida works as far as hiring goes, but here each department does their own and there is not a statewide registry.

Joru123,

The hiring boards are not looking for a credit score. They are looking for your ability to meet your obligations over time. You're only 23, so keep paying your bills and keep your nose clean and this will be behind you in time. Whether or not you get the first or second list, you will have explaining to do. Negative info on your credit report stays there for seven years and expect it to come up on polygraph for the rest of your life. As far as whether you have a chance, keep trying as that is the only way to find out.

Comment

Well my history will be an issue, when I did my credit report I had no idea about the phone bill I thought I paid that years ago literally. The other two to credit cards I did avoid all on my own. Im sure only time will tell, but I know that Pittsburgh is hiring 150 officers and 600 took the test and all I keep hearing is that people aren

Comment

Joru,

In regards to your past marijuana usage, when was the last time you used it, in High School before you went into the Air Force? When you entered the Air Force and filled out the drug history forms, did you admit to using marijuana than?

If you denied using marijuana when entering the Air Force, that is technically falsifying official documents, which would be an automatic DQ. Also what did you get your article 15 for? PM me regarding these two issues if you get a chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6378 users online. 323 members and 6055 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X