300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Oral Board?

I am a recent Academy grad and I am currently in the process with an agency. The questions I have are concerning the Oral Interview and background.

The Agency gives bonus points for P.O.S.T. cert, Education and Bilingual.
    I have the Cert and am close on the Education, unfortunately the only Spanish I know gets me in to trouble so thats out of the question.

The Agency is expecting about 200 applicants for their 7-10 positions. How do you make yourself stand out from all the other applicants to actually get hired on?

As for my background I am 28 yoa and I have had 12 jobs since I was fifteen. I have had one person actually make a comment about that. Is this a problem?
    "In a world of compromise, some don't"

Originally posted by Whistler
    I am a recent Academy grad and I am currently in the process with an agency. The questions I have are concerning the Oral Interview and background.

The Agency gives bonus points for P.O.S.T. cert, Education and Bilingual.
    I have the Cert and am close on the Education, unfortunately the only Spanish I know gets me in to trouble so thats out of the question.

The Agency is expecting about 200 applicants for their 7-10 positions. How do you make yourself stand out from all the other applicants to actually get hired on?

As for my background I am 28 yoa and I have had 12 jobs since I was fifteen. I have had one person actually make a comment about that. Is this a problem?
    What have you done at your current or past jobs that shows leadership capabilities.

What experience do you have with people of other cultures?

What does community policing mean to you?
    Figure out the typical police problems and a way to solve them with community policing. Community policing has been a hot topic in police interviews.

Hopefully you can say you left these jobs to go to a better position. You can tell them you have gotten a wide variety of experience in jobs and different types of people. Have you done jobs in customer service? tell them some good ideas you have implemented or problems you have solved.

When they ask scenario questions. IN your answer use your patrol car, buildings, or other surroundings to increase your reactionary gap. I always try to keep my car or another barrier between me and the threat.

IMPORTANT: When they ask you questions stick with your answer unless after thinking about it you find it to be wrong. They want to see how well you stick with your answer and how CONFIDENT you are with it.

Apply to lots of different agencies.
    Last edited by USAcop; 03-28-2005, 03:26 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6482 users online. 280 members and 6202 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X