300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Conviction

Looking for any advice regarding if I stand a chance with getting on with a police department since I have a misdemeanor conviction for criminal conversion which happened about 8 years ago. The original charge was theft, but the conviction was reduced to a criminal conversion. I had taken an item from a previous employer, I was also 23 years old.(That is what the charge surrounds). I have subsequenty led a life of high integrity since then, just one speeding ticket in 2001.

It has been some time and I thought about maybe starting to apply again but I was not sure if I would be just wasting my time.

How long since the past conviction. If it was just that one thing and it was at least 5 years ago I would try to apply. Also, have you done any law enforcement related work/school?? If not you may want to volunteer as an auxiliary or reserve for a while to show that you are serious. The big thing will be the time between the past event and the present and what you have done since then. Just remember to be honest and upfront about everything. If you want it bad enough and are persistant you can do it, even with a neg. event like that in your past...
    Good luck...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9958 users online. 452 members and 9506 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X