Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs in Maryland

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about moving to Maryland. Can anyone recommend some of the better agencies to apply to? I am especially interested in the northern part of the state. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you. MD depts are always hireing. I have tests for Prince George and Frederick comming up next month.Go to LE sites and look for jobs in Md. Also look into DE and PA,I just past my physical part 1 for wilmington DE. Happy hunting!

Comment

Guitarman,

There have been a number of good posts regarding the Maryland (Metro DC) areas such as Baltimore City and County, Prince Georges and Montgomery Counties as well as the Maryland State Police. Try a previous post search if any of these agencies sound like what you may be interested in.

Hope this helps a little, best of luck.

Comment

I worked Cecil Co. S.O. and I went to the academy with Harford Co.S.O. Harford is the largest Sheriff's Office in MD. (manpower wise) and I would recommend them if you like that area of MD.

Comment

Prince George's County is hiring for an academy date in August, and they need people from what I've heard. I'm currently in their process right now.

Comment

cgreen235,

Does Cecil County S.O. hire certified guys only? I check their website periodically and it seems that they only advertise recruitment for corrections. I would love to hear any particular info. you can share about CCSO as that is my favorite county in MD. I have applied to Harford County and will be testing with them next month. Thanks.

Comment

Right now they're trying to get two more positions for patrol and you don't have to be certified. I don't know if you can apply if the positions haven't opened up yet. The county goverment in Harford is VERY pro-police. IMHO go with Harford, better starting pay, more chances for advancement, and (if I'm correct) you can live within 25 miles of Harford and still get a take home car. I did like the people I worked with and have kept in touch with a few.
              If your set on Cecil Co. its not a bad department they just can't keep a sheriff for longer than one term(for good reason). I forget the exact web address but it was something like chris sutton for sheriff. He worked the road a number of years and is now running for CCSO sheriff. Its very informative and gives valid reasons why they can't keep a sheriff very long. I looked and haven't been able to find it. If I do I'll post it. You might change your mind.
              Hope this helps.
              Last edited by cgreen235; 03-27-2005, 09:45 AM. Reason: bad web address

Comment

guitarman,
                I found the correct web site for sutton (www.csuttonforsheriff.com) It should give a little insight to CCSO. Like I said its not a bad place to work, in fact I wish I hadn't left. The agency I'm at now is a lot worse(!). I will say this, Cecil County is one of the most affordable counties in MD. for cost of living, housing,etc.

Comment

I am also in the same boat as you guitarman. I am in northeast Pa and there is not very many police depts hiring, and those who are require you to be certified. I have applications in at Harford County and Frederick County in Md, and Loudoun County in Va. As far as I can tell, they are simmilar in most aspects. York Area Regional PD in York, Pa is hiring as well, though I think their dates have closed already??
                  If anyone has any other suggestions about jobs in the area, or if you work for one of these departments, I would love to hear from ya

Comment

[QUOTE=derekwe43]I am also in the same boat as you guitarman. I am in northeast Pa and there is not very many police depts hiring, and those who are require you to be certified. I have applications in at Harford County and Frederick County in Md, and Loudoun County in Va. As far as I can tell, they are simmilar in most aspects. York Area Regional PD in York, Pa is hiring as well, though I think their dates have closed already??
                    If anyone has any other suggestions about jobs in the area, or if you work for one of these departments, I would love to hear from ya

Comment

Maryland Transportation Authority And Maryland State police Are both hiring all the time. Both are state jobs with great pay and Benefits. Also dont for get about the Eastern Shore. There are a bunch of great places to work over here too. Not to mention the shore is a great place to live and work.
                      American Born, Country By the Grace of God

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Is the Maryland Transportation Authority PD more of a security oriented gig? I am told they sometimes run into recruiting problems because most of their duties are not considered desireable by applicants looking for a lot of action. I am not necessarily looking for tons of action but working for an agency that is primarily security oriented could be somewhat boring. Again, I don't have any first hand info on them so I would appreciate some input.

Comment

The MdTA does security/law enforcement for BWI airport and provides law enforcement for all toll roads in MD. On the toll roads they primarily do traffic enforcment.
                          American Born, Country By the Grace of God

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5928 users online. 338 members and 5590 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X