300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Flordia PD OPD or FLPD

I`m interested in becoming a police officer in either orlando or fort lauderdale.Need information about OPD and FLPD.Currently working as a paramedic in the nyc 911 system,Looking to relocate to the great state of florida.Any orlando or fort lauderdale police officers around.
    [I]The froce is strong on the side of those who protect and serve in uniforms young padawan.

I don't work for OPD, but was in their citizen's program. I know they aren't accepting applications until JULY. If you aren't certified, then you get processed for the March 2006 academy date. I know it's really competitive as well (last I heard, they had 1300 applications for 20-30 open spots). They work 12 hour shifts.

My friend is applying to FLPD. He told me they are looking for 70 new recruits this yr

Comment

OPD hired 4 People from last year....no contract, so officers will not retire.
      They are at full man-power, and plan on only hiring 2-5 people for July's cycle...They get over 1,300 apps per cycle. (July 2005-March 2006)

Fort Lauderdale Police Department will attempt to fill approximately 70 police officer positions during this fiscal year (October 1, 2004 - October 1, 2005).
      Last edited by DigitalCSI; 03-23-2005, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Fort lauderdale is a great department to work for. They have great pay and benifits. I would look into them. A little expensive to live in the area though.

Comment

Thanks for the Info

Originally posted by Mikis
          I don't work for OPD, but was in their citizen's program. I know they aren't accepting applications until JULY. If you aren't certified, then you get processed for the March 2006 academy date. I know it's really competitive as well (last I heard, they had 1300 applications for 20-30 open spots). They work 12 hour shifts.

My friend is applying to FLPD. He told me they are looking for 70 new recruits this yr
          thanks good looking out, great information
          [I]The froce is strong on the side of those who protect and serve in uniforms young padawan.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Originally posted by DigitalCSI
            OPD hired 4 People from last year....no contract, so officers will not retire.
            They are at full man-power, and plan on only hiring 2-5 people for July's cycle...They get over 1,300 apps per cycle. (July 2005-March 2006)

Fort Lauderdale Police Department will attempt to fill approximately 70 police officer positions during this fiscal year (October 1, 2004 - October 1, 2005).
            Thank you man very helpful information!!!

Comment

Sounds great

Originally posted by xray12
              Fort lauderdale is a great department to work for. They have great pay and benifits. I would look into them. A little expensive to live in the area though.
              great information going in june for all exams

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6928 users online. 281 members and 6647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X