300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Service

I got out of the Navy with an honorable discharge, but with an RE-3G retention code. Will that effect my eligibility? I've been going to school for Criminal Justice for the past year and a half and would hate to have gone this far and not be eligible. Any advice would be helpful!

Being a vet myself, I don't think many Background Investigators would care so much about your retention code......as opposed to the charecter of your discharge. You said Honorable, so that's a good plus for you. Anything else would probably raise questions.

Another thing that they may call into question was any past disciplinary action you may have. Any Article 15's, arrests, criminal investigations, and any involvement in a Court Martial will all be brought to light during your background check/interview. It's best to be as honest and forthright as possible when the time comes. Good Luck to you.

Comment

re code

hey man im in the same boat i got a 4e retention code no one seems to mind

Comment

Question

what is a 4e and a re-3g retention codes.

Comment

Retention Codes

Having been the hiring coordinator for over 10 years with a medium sized agency, we don't base our final decisions on the retention code however it is something we do check on. I am also a Navy vet and attended college out of militaryon GI Bill. If I could make a suggestion it would be to get your degree, there's always time to go into law enforcement. Most agencies require some college and the more the better. Shows dedication, dependability, stability and drive. I'd say you are on the right track and if you have trouble getting into law enforcement because of the retention code, look to central Texas (DFW) area and with you degree you'll find a job.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm definately going to finish my schooling. I have no criminal record at all. My wife is active duty and just got orders to Key West so I'll apply there. The only problem I saw with the application is finding 5 people I've known for 5 years. Thanks again!

Comment

Tell me about it. I've been trying to track down people for the past month. So far, so good. Thank god for global address book. I've had to use some back up people as some of the people I would have liked to use are out of the military now, and about impossible to track down.
              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9377 users online. 438 members and 8939 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X