300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochester, NY

anybody have any information on the hiring process, work environment for Rochester, NY.

took the test

Hi we are in the same boat my name is Brian. Jimmy is my nickname because of jimmy neutron.
    Last edited by jimmy17; 07-27-2005, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Rochester hiring process

well i have taken the civil service test and passed it and now got invited in for an agility test and i just sent back my background investigation...what other steps do i have to go through???i'm kind of new to this process as this is the first test I've ever taken. thanks alot

Comment

well..

I passed but I didn't score high enough to get called. After the physical is the Psychological written followed by an interview. Then you have a medical at Rochester General. Then you get polygraphed. Last step is the chiefs interview.

Hope this helped.

You do anything special to prepare for the test?

Comment

are they still hiring or are the test dates over

Comment

for now

sdfasdfaasdf
            Last edited by jimmy17; 08-29-2005, 09:00 PM. Reason: asdfasdf

Comment

when are we getting called

I got a letter and a background packet but havent been invited to the physical agility test. I got a 90. is that normal?

Comment

thanks for the info. i believe i just made the cutoff with a 90 and i'm a white male. i got contacted and had to send in the background investigation...other than rochester I haven't been contacted by anyone else which i applied for...Erie County, Wyoming County or state park police...i hear Rochester is difficult to get into if you're a white male but i'm giving it a shot...anybody hear from any of these other departments yet?

Comment

i hate being a white male sometimes!

Comment

Just for the record, working in law enforcement in monroe county is probably the best place to work. however the academy here is probably the most tuff

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                      Just for the record, working in law enforcement in monroe county is probably the best place to work. however the academy here is probably the most tuff
                      I completely agree, LT.
                      We like our cops tough. Comes with having the highest crime per capita in the state. More than NYC.
                      Hope to see you on patrol in the future when you make it through!
                      Here is a link to the exams in Monroe County:
                      http://www.monroecounty.gov/org587.a...&storyTypeID=2
                      Its not just for police work though, it covers medical too I believe.

Here's the link for all types of employment in MC. You may have more luck there.
                      http://www.monroecounty.gov/org188.asp

Oh, here's the link for RPD hiring information:
                      http://www.cityofrochester.gov/Publi...dex.cfm?id=353

Hope this helped.
                      Last edited by letshearit4blue; 05-18-2005, 07:24 PM.
                      Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

I hope someone learns you better english before you start righting reports
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper4985
                          I hope someone learns you better english before you start righting reports
                          Thanks Trooper. The fact is that I was just to slothful to write impeccably. Don't worry I don't take things personally.
                          Last edited by AmericanMan; 05-25-2005, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks Trooper. The fact is that I was just to slothful to write impeccable. Don't worry I don't take things personal.
                            Akkk, LT. *covers eyes* Try
                            "The fact is that I was just too slothful to write impeccably. Don't worry, I don't take things personally."

Dont worrie i can lern u beter inglish.
                            Last edited by letshearit4blue; 05-24-2005, 02:33 PM.
                            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy17
                              I passed but I didn't score high enough to get called. After the physical is the Psychological written followed by an interview. Then you have a medical at Rochester General. Then you get polygraphed. Last step is the chiefs interview.

Hope this helped.

You do anything special to prepare for the test?
                              There's no polygraph for RPD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4910 users online. 280 members and 4630 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X