300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Police Academy Start Date

Does anyone know what the April start date is exactly for the Mesa AZ police academy?

I am in the background investigation part now and haven't heard word one from them since 2/8. I'm asking because I'm trying to determine that if I make it through the BI part will I have enough time to finish the psych and physical to make the April date. While I'd love to get hired under any circumstances I'd hate to have to wait for the October academy.

I applied (took the written) on 1/10 and I know they wanted to have people through the process in time to make the April class.

I'd call and ask but I'd hate to violate the "don't call" rule and jinx my chances.

Thx,

JK

Hello, I don't have an answer to your question but I am headed to Mesa next Sunday, the 27th (my husband and I live in KCMO) to start the process for Mesa PD. My husband is doing a lateral (he is a KCMO police officer) and I am applying as a recruit. What is Mesa like? We have never been to Arizona and don't really know what to expect. They told us that we would go through the entire process in the week we are there (interviews, polygraphs,etc). What was the written and the physical agility like? I am VERY nervous about he 1 1/2 mile run, not so much the push ups/sit ups.

Comment

Originally posted by msnita
      What is Mesa like? We have never been to Arizona and don't really know what to expect. They told us that we would go through the entire process in the week we are there (interviews, polygraphs,etc). What was the written and the physical agility like? I am VERY nervous about he 1 1/2 mile run, not so much the push ups/sit ups.
      I really like living in Mesa and being able to go to Scottsdale, Tempe, or Phoenix for entertainment. While Mesa is the third largest city in AZ it is certainly one of the quietest (as far as

Comment

Thank you so much for the information. It really helps alot!! Last questions, aproximately how many people showed up for the written examination? And how early was the PI test? Not too hot was it?

Comment

Originally posted by msnita
          Thank you so much for the information. It really helps alot!! Last questions, aproximately how many people showed up for the written examination? And how early was the PI test? Not too hot was it?
          Written= 125

PI Test= 7am

Heat= This time of year, 50 to 55

JK

Comment

THank you. I wish you luck in the process, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!!

Comment

This is my first post here so hello everyone. I rode along with a Sergeant in Mesa at the beginning of March and really enjoyed the experience. My sister works in personnel for the city so I hope to apply for the P.D in a couple of yrs once I finish my degree, even though I technically don't need it.The only strike against me is that I have used m.j about ten times (once since 21st bd). Can anyone tell me if this will disqualify me or am I being ridiculous?

Comment

Good luck to all of you who are applying. I need to warn you that the housing market is just horrible. I've been out there the last two weekends and the prices of homes continue to just skyrocket. I never thought it would be so difficult to buy a home, but the builders have put in so many restrictions that it is very hard for my wife and I to find a home. (Lottery systems, waiting list, if you own a home you can
                Que Pasa Loco

Comment

Hello hfy108,

I also applied for Mesa PD. Unfortually for us, the April class has been filled. They are looking for canidates for the Oct class still. As for the background, you probably have 4-5 months to go before its done. It really depends on how you did on the written, interview, and physical. Maybe I will see you in the Oct Class!

Comment

Originally posted by davidr
                    Hello hfy108,

I also applied for Mesa PD. Unfortually for us, the April class has been filled. They are looking for canidates for the Oct class still. As for the background, you probably have 4-5 months to go before its done. It really depends on how you did on the written, interview, and physical. Maybe I will see you in the Oct Class!
                    Oh well...I know they were looking for a few from the November test date to finish up the April class- I guess they got those few quickly. Are you still in BI?

October seems like a long way away but I'll have to wait.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by hfy108
                      Oh well...I know they were looking for a few from the November test date to finish up the April class- I guess they got those few quickly. Are you still in BI?

October seems like a long way away but I'll have to wait.

JK
                      I just received a letter thru the mail stating that my BI was completed and it will be sent to a review board. I just completed my PT for Tempe. They will be hiring some recruits for their next acadamy class, in 6 weeks. I have my interview this Wed. Maybe, you should apply for Tempe. Oct is a very long time to wait, and that's why I am applying for other PD's.

Comment

I just received a letter thru the mail stating that my BI was completed and it will be sent to a review board. I just completed my PT for Tempe. They will be hiring some recruits for their next acadamy class, in 6 weeks. I have my interview this Wed. Maybe, you should apply for Tempe. Oct is a very long time to wait, and that's why I am applying for other PD's.
                        Good job! When did you apply for Mesa?

JK

Comment

Good job! When did you apply for Mesa?

JK
                          Last June. I didn't do so well on the written, thats why they placed me at the bottom of the list. The nice thing about the testing for Mesa, its the same as for Tempe. I got 90% in Tempe's, so I am hoping I can be on the expedited list . I gots some great numbers on my PT to. So I guess it all comes down to the interview

Comment

Last June. I didn't do so well on the written, thats why they placed me at the bottom of the list. The nice thing about the testing for Mesa, its the same as for Tempe. I got 90% in Tempe's, so I am hoping I can be on the expedited list . I gots some great numbers on my PT to. So I guess it all comes down to the interview
                            I did test for Tempe, scored 80% or something like that. I did decently in the physical, passed the oral board, and passed the poly. The BI even came out and talked to my wife! I then got a letter a week later stating that I was no longer in the running....

There must have been something in the background that they didn't like. I don't know what it could be and it hasn't come up anywhere else. I hope it was something that just didn't sit will with Tempe but will be okay elsewhere.

Wait wait wait...

Comment

I did test for Tempe, scored 80% or something like that. I did decently in the physical, passed the oral board, and passed the poly. The BI even came out and talked to my wife! I then got a letter a week later stating that I was no longer in the running....

There must have been something in the background that they didn't like. I don't know what it could be and it hasn't come up anywhere else. I hope it was something that just didn't sit will with Tempe but will be okay elsewhere.

Wait wait wait...

Really, that's sucks. All that work for nothing. I am going to apply for Gilbert this month. As the last resort I will apply for Phoenix. I am applying for all the dept near Mesa just because I live there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6815 users online. 189 members and 6626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X