300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Csp

Anyone have their polygraphs coming up? Or is anyone still in limbo like I am? If only my combined score was about an 88....but at least everyone below an 80 is gone.
    "The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
    - Ronald Reagan

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."
    - Ronald Reagan

I don't know about the rest of you, but I never had to do the Polygraph.

Comment

For Connecticut? They've always had one.
      "The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."
      - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Finally got my polygraph letter. In case anyone was wondering
        - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Anyone else still in the CSP process? I heard the academy is almost 100% going to start in Jan. I also heard that they are trying to get 2 classes off this list.

It's been almost a month since my poly, so no news is good news!
          - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

I passed my poly...not that anyone is reading this
            - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'm reading this.
              Congrats

Comment

Haha thanks MJohns2!
                - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Got a call from my BI, we're meeting next Wednesday! I'm excited.

What would you wear? She was saying how she's very laid back and whatnot when I jokingly mentioned cleaning...so I'm not sure. I feel a suit may be over kill, I'm thinking like nice pants and top...suggestions?
                  - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Almost there...... I'd wear a suit if I were you, don't take your eyes off the ball into it's in the basket

Comment

Congratulations on making it through the polygraph!

Now that you're done with that, you should go check out Antipolygraph.org. You'll gain a new appreciation for how lucky you were to have made it through.
                      Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Thanks MrJohns, I was talking to a family memeber who is a chief in another municipality and he said business casual is perfect. So I think I'm going to stick to that.

Mobrien, believe it or not I had heard many of the things on that web****e. It isn't truly accurate though. Yes, 60% fail out of the polygraph stage, but (and this is a HUGE but) most of those people passed the polygraph. What they failed was selections.

Granted if you killed someone and truly believe you didn't do it, then you're going to pass. I just think it's a difficult tool to use and one that probably shouldn't be used, but it does weed people out. It makes them be honest to questions they may not want to be. I do feel, in this respect, they are weeding out those who shouldn't be troopers.

Had I failed, my opinion would be completly different...don't get me wrong. In my mind it just makes a lot of sense to do it.

- Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by kttref
                          Mobrien, believe it or not I had heard many of the things on that web****e. It isn't truly accurate though. Yes, 60% fail out of the polygraph stage, but (and this is a HUGE but) most of those people passed the polygraph. What they failed was selections.
                          I'm confused by your post. You wrote that 60% fail out of the polygraph stage, but most of them passed the polygraph. Could you explain that?

The accuracy or inaccuracy of the polygraph has absolutely nothing to do with whether a person who killed someone believes they didn't. The polygraph measures physical changes in breathing, heart rate, and galvanic skin responses. Polygraphers ASSUME that certain changes in one or more of those three things means that someone is lying. That assumption has never been proven. The National Academy of Sciences has researched the polygraph and concluded that it is not reliable for pre-employment screening.

Congratulations again on making it through the polygraph. If you go to "that website" and do some research you will begin to appreciate how lucky you were. Telling the truth has little to do with "passing" a polygraph.
                          Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

I agree with you. I never said I didn't. When people say they "failed the polygraph" 9 times out of 10 they PASSED the polygraph but failed the selections portion of the exam.

I find no need to argue this point. You seem disgruntled and I'm sorry for you, sometimes it's a matter of circumstance and nothing more.
                            - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

Met with my BI. She seems to keep telling everyone that I'm a great applicant and remind her a lot of herself at my age...I think those are positives!!! So we'll see in a few weeks what happens.

Rumor has that they are starting the psych. portion of the process in September...watch, it will happen on my birthday!
                              - Ronald Reagan

- Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7693 users online. 168 members and 7525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X