300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle/Tacoma PD's

I am currently a deputy sheriff in Ohio. Looking to transfer to the SEATAC area. Have applied at Seattle, Tacoma, and Federal Way. Any information or suggestions about these departments would be much appreciated. Also any info. about other departments in the area that are hiring would be great. Thanks.
    "Stupid people are the best job security you can have. Luckily there is no shortage of them. "

I dont have any current specifics but I now that Seattle is a great place but its WAAY liberal, almost like San Fran., or Portland. They pay pretty well but its real pricey up there now, not NY or Boston pricey but getting there. Federal Way is a smaller city south {i think} of Seattle, nice suburban place and Tacoma is pretty much a [email protected] I think. I took the county test about 12 yrs ago. I would have loved to be there. Its a great area. Good thing to do when looking into far away places {sounds like a kids book, or Shrek} is to checlk out the local newspapers online. Just do a web search for seattle newspapers. Good luck
    Easy
    "I pay your salary" Yeah So, Can I get a freakin raise???

It takes a village, this he knows is true

Comment

thanks easy. I was just up there last week and I know Tacoma is a [email protected] hole. Paper factories stink. lol. The liberal Seattle thing bothers me alittle but it seems like a pretty nice city plus every Dept. has their ups and downs with politics.
      "Stupid people are the best job security you can have. Luckily there is no shortage of them. "

Comment

Originally posted by Walsh08
        thanks easy. I was just up there last week and I know Tacoma is a [email protected] hole. Paper factories stink. lol. The liberal Seattle thing bothers me alittle but it seems like a pretty nice city plus every Dept. has their ups and downs with politics.
        Yeah, liberals are evrywhere. It is a nice town from what I remember but again its been over 10 yrs since I have been there. I would love to be there, we only work 8 hrs a day and the rest of the day we are just like everyone else, wanting a nice town, good schools, cheap {haha} taxes and gas. It is a growing city i think, unlike Pittsburgh where people are tripping over themselves to get out, I dont know why though. I just bought a house, 3 bed, 21/2 bath, fireplace, c/a, garage, great gameroom, Townhouse though for only 130K, great schools. Cant do that in Seattle or Fairfax..
        "I pay your salary" Yeah So, Can I get a freakin raise???

It takes a village, this he knows is true

Comment

I just heard something that Seattle is hiring over 100 officers... From what I hear all three are good agencies. Don't forget King County So. or Pierce County SO. King County is really good, from what my friend says (he just got hired). Federal Way is an ok area. It is right in between Seattle and Tacoma. Thier recruiter just came to talk my class and it seems like a good department to work for, and they pay well. Go to http://www.cjtc.state.wa.us/employment/index.htm its the Washington Criminal Justice Training Center employment page. If you are interested in other departments in Washington.
          Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves - Confucious

Comment

Thanks for the info Mac. I go to that website all the time. Just looking for some inside info. How does your buddy like King county so far? i was supposed to test for them back in Sept. but I ended up getting sent away with the military.

Comment

I tested with Seattle PD not too long ago. The process was pretty smooth and things seem fairly organized.

Seattle is a fantastic city, but it's expensive.

From my experience, Seattle is liberal and you can find traces of liberalism in their police policies and procedures: i.e., reasons for administrative leave, etc. I suggest you scrutinize such policies before joining on with Seattle or any other department.

One tip during the hiring process: forget everything you know about law enforcement during the video exam. Seriously, you need to think like a 12-year old to pass it. Don't read into ANYTHING; and in fact, in may be best not to read at all and take the test with your eyes shut (the test proctor from the city even suggested doing this as well).

Good luck!

Comment

Seattle Area

Anyone know about Edmonds PD, im testing on Wednesday?

Comment

I live in the Seattle area and they are hiring like mad right now. Last year they annouced that they were looking to hire close to 100 new officers, but i can confirm nor deny this at the moment. The SPD officers that I am friends with dont really know whats going on when it come to hiring that many.

Due to recent events in the city, the city announced that it is creating 22-25 NEW positions for Officers and they are looking to fill them ASAP.

SO there is the potential for the city to be looking to take on up 125 officers in the next 2 years I believe.

Good luck with your testing, I am taking there next test which is coming up in May

Now as for King County thats another great department. Very good training program to from what i hear. I passed all there testing , but there was not enough academy space and they gave the spot I was shooting for to another person who had more life experience (he was 24, I'm 21). Oh well there always next time
                  -Aidan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8909 users online. 404 members and 8505 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X