Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long of a wait is it from when you get the call to when you get your official hiring email.

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the call May 27th, got the "Welcome to the Secret Service" email laying out training start dates and salary the same day. Same email said to expect the official appointment letter and continued service agreement by mid August, close to my EOD.

• Antshack
      Antshack commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they give you multiple choices to start your academy date or did they give you one??

• I got an email saying that my application is under review today.

The thing is, I applied to the posting back in January. I got the BQA email about a month or two later (I'm assuming because I failed the polygraph test for the 1811 position).

Anyone ever had this happen before? I'm assuming it's just an error so I don't get my hopes up too much.

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. I know that the poly is the same for both positions. Did the email come from USA Jobs or the USSS?

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was from the monster-reply email, so I'm assuming it was a USAjobs email error. I've had half a dozen weird random emails from USSS/USAJobs, so it's not unusual.

BUT, I also checked my USSS UD status. Yesterday it said BQA and today it says "No comment". I'm sure it's nothing, but definitely a little strange.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Update on this: I received the same email about my application being under review about 15 times yesterday. Pretty sure their system is messed up.

• Schaller1994
      Schaller1994 commented
      Editing a comment
      Literally the same thing has happened to me recently

• First time posting in this forum. I recently got my BQA email (presumably failed polygraph) even though I was 100% truthful on the test and didn’t change my answers. I have always been a straight arrow, so it was devastating. Here’s my question: am I screwed for all other federal law enforcement? My dream was always USMS or FBI. After not getting the USSS job, I decided to take the opportunity to attend (a top-ranked) law school. I’m a veteran and am fluent in a language that is widely desired for LEO. It’s just so discouraging getting that email.

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      A failed polygraph with one agency will not have bearing on your application with another agency.

• NewLife34
      NewLife34 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're fine. I have failed FBI but passed other LEO agencies. I know it sucks but trust me you will be fine.

• Trying this again, the first time I took the test some of the questions really throw me off, after revising the study guide over and over I think I can make the cut this time.

Comment

• Got a email back in May stating I was put in Adjudicative Review, no word since. Has anyone else put in this status ever heard anything back? Took my second poly back on 2 Apr 21.

Comment

• ETX1811Hopeful
        ETX1811Hopeful commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you former military? If so, you may be stuck in Adjudicative Review for a long, long time. You can find examples in the USSS SA hiring thread of individuals being stuck in Adjudicative Review for over a year just to receive the dreaded BQA email.

Hang in there, and good luck!

• zafred
        zafred commented
        Editing a comment
        Just received the DQ letter, can I re apply right away? There was no reason given why I was disqualified even though it had to be the Poly.

• I am prior military, so I should assume it’s not a good thing to be in this review?

Comment

• For anyone who did a virtual orientation, did you wear a suit?

Comment

• I got an email stating I didn’t pass the interview portion of the process. Really disheartening . I thought the interview was one of the easier parts of the process but I guess I was wrong. Any one else have trouble with the interview?

Comment

• lunatico86
            lunatico86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am sorry to read that. How long did it take for you to hear back after interviewing?

• Clashy212
            Clashy212 commented
            Editing a comment
            lunatico86 it took like a month. I have just got out of college and have some decent experience . Idk what went wrong . Not sure where to go from here!

• lunatico86
            lunatico86 commented
            Editing a comment
            It might have to do with your experience if you’re out of college and have 3 years or less of work. Just try again if you feel you do have the experience and emphasize it more on your answers next time around.

• I just posted the September 2021 Report on the US Secret Service that was completed by the National Academy of Public Administration (At the request of USSS leadership). This has amazing insight into the current state of affairs at the USSS and beats "rumor-intelligence."

https://www.specialagents.org/

-SA Blog

Comment

• Hello all! I've been following this post for an extremely long time and I'm pretty excited to post for my first time. I received the call a couple of weeks and had a few questions for people who have reached this part of the process. Please let me know if I can PM you. And if anyone has questions about the other parts of the process they can PM me and I'll be happy to respond.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I’m in the hiring process for the UD. How far is everyone???

Comment

• Good day lads,

I recently received a BQA letter for the Uniformed Officer Position on 08 Oct 2021.

This was three business days after the Polygraph and I understand what that may signify but in my BQA letter there were no timelines or DQ identifiers so yesterday I reapplied to the position on the latest year window listing.

Whenever I track my original application through USAJOBs>USSS website; it still says that my application status is "referred for testing".

I have read from previous posts that by this time, the status should be updated to reflect BQA or no longer considered.

I just wanted to make sure my thoughts are accurate based on the collective experience of everyone here so with that in mind I have a few questions!

1. Is my application status not being updated the legit status or are they most likely behind on updating everything?

2. If I am able to get back into the process through this latest listing, what would I have to redo since I originally applied on 22 July 2021? (got all the way past the Polygraph in 2 and a half months)

V/r,
                -Chris

Comment

• Howdy all , just took the super today and felt like i did okay, definitely could have done better though and worded some answers better but it is what it is. Now all there to do is sit tight and hope the email i get isint a BQA haha

Comment

• Has anyone else got the tentative job offer recently??? And what does this even mean?? When is the academy??

Comment

• Originally posted by Antshack View Post
                      Has anyone else got the tentative job offer recently??? And what does this even mean?? When is the academy??
                      Some of the folks in the SA process have been receiving those lately. It's apparently a very new thing and the thought is that it was newly instituted to facilitate getting COVID vaccination confirmations more quickly. I don't know that for a fact, but it seems that's the "consensus." I'm in the SA process pending my medical (next Wednesday!) and I've not received one of those offers yet, but a number of others have.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4100 users online. 281 members and 3819 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X