Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just took my UDEE today and did not passed. but I did pass my CBPO exam this year of January and im still waiting for any vacancy through USAJOB. hope everyone is safe and good!. i have to wait another 6months to retake the exam which is next year of may but im turning 37yo in July of 2021.i might not have a chance.=(

Comment

• Took UDEE yesterday and should have another SUPER scheduled soon as per my local FO.
      I’m in the process for SA, currently waiting on Poly and Medical but am worried my lack of degree will prevent me getting a final offer ultimately so I went ahead and started UD process.

Comment

• Good Evening Everyone,
        I have recently become interested in the Secret Service Uniformed Division and was wondering how long the hiring process was and what it entailed. I’m currently a K9 handler with a local law enforcement agency.

Comment

• RyLindy24
          RyLindy24 commented
          Editing a comment
          I started my process in 12/2019 and it went very quickly up until COVID happened and I ended up stuck in medical because of quarantine. I received my qualified applicant email in 01/2020, took my UDEE (basically the POST Exam with a SS twist) in DC in 02/2020, had my SUPER and security interview at the beginning of 03/2020, had my Poly at the end of 03/2020, did Medical at beginning of 04/2020 and got stuck because of lockdowns and being unable to obtain the extra info they needed until about beginning of 08/2020 when they completed my background investigation, after that I had my final in home interview on 08/11/2020 and got fingerprinted on 08/13/2020. Unfortunately I've now been waiting for 88 days without any communication from anyone, and I've been unable to reach anyone at all about the status of my application because whenever you call talent and acquisitions you sit on hold and no one answers, so I've begun to question whether I really want it or not anymore. But the process wasn't bad, it might be quicker for you since you have current LE experience and COVID restrictions have been relaxed a bit.
          Last edited by RyLindy24; 11-08-2020, 12:25 PM.

Last edited by impala2013; 11-10-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely not a mistake. It's been noted here and I've experienced the same thing myself.

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably not a mistake. Try reapplying when they put out a new posting.

• Might anyone have any insight into the traveling opportunities as a Uniformed Division Officer? For example, say the President has a trip coming up to meet with the President of Egypt in Cairo. As an officer, would you be able to volunteer to work on that trip or are only the senior/best officer's picked for such a task?

Comment

• For the SUPER for UD, did you folks do it at your nearest FO or was it done in DC?

Comment

• JamoStu
            JamoStu commented
            Editing a comment
            I did both my SA and UD SUPERs at my local FO with the same Agents lol...awkward since it’s basically the same questions.

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha. Excellent! This was the answer I was hoping for

• Had a five hour polygraph and the next day got the BQA email. Does anyone know other entry level fleo jobs to get my foot in the door? Should I bother applying again, the email said nothing about that?

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think a failed polygraph exam means you're banned for life. Unfortunately.

I'd try Border Patrol or CBP Officer. Both are basically the same process, so I'd apply to both.

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't know if it's banned for life, but BQA email happens to many people after any step. Could just mean you were dropped randomly

• Taking the UDEE next month. What are some of your timelines from application to either final offer, B.I. or home interview?

Comment

• Hello Y'all, First time posting.
            I have a question if anyone can give me some advice. I am an applicant for the UD.
            I completed my Poly at the beginning of Oct and finished my medical shortly there after.
            I haven't heard anything at all from the Secret Service. I waited a good 6 weeks before I sent an email to my local Field Office, they told me to contact Security Management Division. So I did and then they told me to contact UD Support. After I sent them (UD support) an inquiry about my status, I did not receive a response back.
            All I know is that I am still in the applicant process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Its getting hard to stay positive amid everything going on.

Comment

• OCN_1
              OCN_1 commented
              Editing a comment
              No response is the best response, means you’re still being processed. Just be patient

• Rickydoowop28
              Rickydoowop28 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah so pretty much Hurry up and wait...Also from my time on here it seems that Vets are put aside. I myself am an 8 year Veteran. Thanks for the response!

• David Butcher
              David Butcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Hang tight! As mentioned above no news is good news. It's a lengthy process in general plus with covid AND the election going on it's gonna be longer.
              I passed everything, did my home interview Nov 9, about 2 weeks after passing the poly. The agents told me to expect a final offer soon and to continue training.

• Hello all! So glad I found this forum. I have been following it for 2-3 weeks and figured I'd make my first post. This is what my timeline has looked like so far.

5/12/2020: applied

6/16/2020: UDEE

8/24/2020: SUPER

8/26/2020: conditional job offer

9/03/2020: vision test

9/04/2020: EQIP invitation

11/09/2020: polygraph

11/11/2020: drug test

11/19/2020: background started

11/24/2020: medical exam

11/27/2020: home interview

I have my physical exam on December 4th and then I was told to wait for a phone call with a start date or a BQA email. My biggest stressor right now is 1) getting the job obviously. Definitely stressed for sure, not that there's a logical reason to be disqualified. But 2) they agents have stressed throughout the whole process how important it is to begin physically training as you take the PAT your first day in the academy. What are y'all doing to get in shape? I've taken a couple mock tests and I'm definitely not where I need to be...

Comment

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure, but I read somewhere on this forum that if you fail it at the academy, you have to get up early for extra PT or something. Not sure if they completely get rid of you for failing. OCN_1 would probably know for sure.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              This has worked in improving my scores:

1.5 mile run: Mix up 400M repeats (6-8 sets) on one day with 30 minute tempo runs on other days. To give you an idea, my 1.5 is currently about 11:20, so my 400M goal pace is a bit faster at around 1:30-1:45. My tempo runs are at an 8:30 min/mile.

Pushups: I'm doing the 100 pushup program. It's online. It got me from 30 to about 45ish in a month and a half. If you have a weighted vest, add it for resistance as well.

Pull-ups: Look up the Recon Ron program. Follow it according to your current level. I used this back in my Marine Corps days, it got me from about 12 pullups to over 20 in around 2 months.

Sit-ups: No trick to this for me. I usually start my workouts with a set of sit-ups in 1 minute like I would do on the test and finish my workouts with an un-timed burnout set. I'm decent enough at sit-ups so I don't really focus on this event much.

• cheyfarris
              cheyfarris commented
              Editing a comment
              update: had physical exam 12/4/20, got medically cleared 12/31/20 after being required to get an additional doctor’s appointment from a past knee surgery and am very pleased to announce i got offered my start date of 1/18/2021! best of luck to everyone, hope to see y’all in the academy.

• Taking the UDEE soon. I looked over the study guide on the USSS site. For those who took it, were the questions on it comparable in terms of difficulty to the study guide?

Comment

• JamoStu
              JamoStu commented
              Editing a comment
              If you study and understand the study guide you’ll be fine.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome. Thanks

• I took my UDEE 2 weeks ago and passed... had my SUPER today which I feel went well. Any idea when I can expect the next step? Is that the security interview or COE?

Thanks!

Comment

• cheyfarris
              cheyfarris commented
              Editing a comment
              I got a conditional job offer email, essentially saying I passed the super! Keep checking your emails

• So I failed my polygraph 2 months ago- But I just got an email yesterday saying they're giving me an additional opportunity for a polygraph this week?!?!

This is an insane opportunity for a 2nd chance. I am going to do it.

Can anyone give me direct advice / tips for the polygraph?? I would love to talk privately. I think I know where I screwed up, but I need advice.

That is some encouragement for all of those who made it this far to stop after a 'failed' polygraph!!!

Comment

• David Butcher
              David Butcher commented
              Editing a comment
              I took the poly last month with a less than one day notice for it and passed. You were given a second chance which I have never heard of. Only thing I can say is BE HONEST. They are not looking for perfect people... they are looking for perfectly honest people. That's one thing my examiner told me and I'd like to share with you. Good luck.

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              They give retakes all the time. The part I haven’t heard of is getting the BQA email and then getting a retake.

• I reapplied and got invited to an ELAC event. GL to me :/

Comment

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              How were you successful reapplying? I "failed" the polygraph 3+ years ago and have reapplied a handful of times throughout the course of the past 36+ months and have never been selected to move forward/reattempt the USSS hiring process.

• rocksmile55
              rocksmile55 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got the BQA email the day after my poly, I reapplied the next announcement and got invited to the ELAC. The first time I applied I did not do the ELAC.

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just reapplied after failing the poly last week. I assumed I couldn't until I saw this, so it's worth a shot at least.

• Edit. Answered
            Last edited by NYC1175; 12-15-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6822 users online. 378 members and 6444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X