Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if I lived in DC could I get away with not having a car? Like would there be times it would be required to get to RTC?

Comment

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you could rely on a classmate to get you to RTC everyday, then sure. But that’s about it.

• So, I have applied for UD and actually been contacted for the computer based test. I just have a few questions about the position that I cant seem to find answers to:
    • If I continue with the UD process how long would the process be (including potential wait time)?
    • Being that I live in NY I would also like to know if there will be required travel to and from DC?

Comment

• 2september
      2september commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems to vary based on field offices and their availability. It’ll probably slow down due to the election. Prior to all the campaigning, probably 6 ish months give or take? Hard to say anything now because of covid and the election and since it’s a new fiscal year, what they allocated for their budget for recruitment.

Second part of your question I’m not really understanding. UD is only at DC and you’ll have to move there and live around there. You’ll still have to travel to assist with standing post where protectees go. If you’re thinking of a field office as a special agent, you have to apply as a criminal investigator where you’ll choose a field office and still travel to stand post and you’ll eventually end up on DC anyways after a few years.

• Freshman
      Freshman commented
      Editing a comment
      @2september
      Thanks for the info it is much appreciated. As for my other question I actually meant traveling there and back throughout the selection process. I had to travel to DC about 3 times when I tried for USCP.

• Freshman what happened with USCP if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Freshman
      Freshman commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, I couldn't tell you because they didn't explain to me why I didn't pass. I made it to the psychological test/interview and I assume that's where I didn't meet the standard. I'm actually thinking about reapplying though.

• Hey everyone, I just passed the UDEE and was wondering how the super will be conducted. Is it in person or virtual, anyone have any idea what the dress code is? I’m assuming a suit and tie, but there’s no direction anywhere on their website. Thanks in advance

Comment

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      The email you get for SUPER will detail what to wear. You are correct though: suit and tie. Mine was in person (Dallas office), but I think it depends on which office and what their current status is with COVID.

• zafred
      zafred commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fsi1212

• Freshman sorry to hear that! I hope it works out for you if you reapply!

Comment

• wrong thread, my bad
      Last edited by Army_Cyber; 10-16-2020, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        LEAP is paid from day 1. Your locality is based off the Field Office you are going to as your initial assignment. So if you are going to NYC check the LEO pay scale for that city and add the 25% LEAP and that’s your pay.

• UDEE-6/9
      Super -8/26
      COE-8/27
      Eye exam-8/27
      E-QIP-9/2
      Security forms-9/2
      Security interview 9/14
      Drug screening 10/5
      Medical scheduled for 10/21
      poly scheduled for 11/3

Hope everyone is staying safe and going through the process smoothly.Good luck to anyone else still in process.

Comment

• Completed my Security Interview yesterday for Criminal Investigator (SA). The agent asked if I’d be willing to accept a Uniformed Division offer if i make it through the process but the panel doesn’t think i have enough to warrant this position. He said they offer UD in these circumstances. That’s absolutely good with me. That also sounds like a great opportunity. Hope to hear back for a poly scheduled soon.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by NYC1175; 12-07-2020, 10:04 PM.

• Question about tattoos...I know on their site it says they prohibit from having any visible markings piercings, tattoos etc on the neck hand fingers (anywhere below wrist) face head...i have on my arm and with long sleeve they are not visible but with a short sleeve they are, will this be a problem?

Comment

• 2september
          2september commented
          Editing a comment
          No this is ok

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Visible tattoos on the arms, when wearing the short sleeve uniform, will need to be covered with an arm sleeve.

• OCN_1 , would have to wear like a basketball shooting sleeve? not being facetious...

Comment

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Check your PM

• Well just got an email saying that my application for both UD and SA are no longer being considered. I got through almost the whole thing so I have no idea where it went wrong. Can I reapply right away?

I completed: - computer test - SUPER - Security Interview - Polygraph - Medical - Drug Test - Home Visit And then got the email.

Comment

• Here's one for you guys, I appreciate any honest feed back. so I am currently a 0083 fed police officer uniform for another agency. I'm a former sheriff deputy with about 10 years law enforcement experience been on multiple units swat team interdiction team and warrant squad. I recently received an offer for UD after going through entire process. I actually declined the offer after being offered about 12000 less a year to start and having to go fletc Artesia NM and being told first year no weekends off and tons of forced overtime. I would be all about it to just as a single man trying to get in the door, but I'm 35 with wife and child and it just wasn't the best for the family situation. While at the end of the UD offer I was invited to take the SAEE because I originally applied to both positions and I qualified for possible agent position. I do not have a 4 year degree. I passed the entrance exam and now have an interview 10/29/2020. I would love to hear any thoughts on if i have a shot at agent position without the degree after hearing they offered the other guy a UD spot makes me wonder.

Comment

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            For what it's worth, I hear the USSS in general is hard on family life with the Special Agent position being harder on the family life with the constant travel for protection details. Your schedule basically depends on the protectees' schedules. As far as the degree thing goes, their qualifications page doesn't list it as a necessity but it's kind of a "heavily preferred" qualification for the 1811 series in the USSS. That being said, the worst they can say is no. They let you take the SAEE and you have the SUPER lined up so they must like what you have to offer. I'd say go for it.

• Doesn't sound like the SA job will offer you much more family time than the UD position and would still have to spend time at fletc for 12 weeks and then another 18 weeks in another state for Secret service specific training. Hear that is the most difficult of all of them for family time. I have thought about it before but being away from family all the time would be rough.

Hope you get what you want.

Comment

• Frankhill1823
            Frankhill1823 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I understand that I appreciate what your saying. I truly understand the sacrifice that comes with the job definitely have family support.. End all goal is special agent feel it’s def worth more the opportunity for special agent position then to jump uniform to uniform
            Last edited by Frankhill1823; 10-28-2020, 01:15 PM.

• Medical went great. Have scheduled poly this coming week.Once things opened up, the process has been moving along pretty quickly.Hope everyone is staying safe and moving along. Good luck to the rest of you out there in the process.

Comment

• Is anyone else scheduled for the upcoming FLETC class in December? Also, does anyone know the current travel restrictions at FLETC?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 339 members and 5296 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X