300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_bob_69 View Post
    There were a bunch of guys in the USSS special agent topic who got stuck in adjudication forever. It seemed like it was an issue that only veterans were having.
    Well that is disappointing! What can I do next?

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no idea! If you go read back about 15-20 pages on the USSS Special Agent topic you’ll see what I’m talking about.

One guy kept calling and calling and still never got a good answer.

• Hey, guys, I’m not too keen on the federal workplace and was just wondering how possible or manageable it is to apply to jobs within other agencies down the road (say maybe 3-6 years after UD)? I’m just not sure if the skills acquired at UD would be applicable or desired towards other agencies for positions surrounding intelligence or criminal investigation. Thank you so much for any and all insight, I really appreciate it!

Comment

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Former UD has gone everywhere

• pacocapone
      pacocapone commented
      Editing a comment
      By everywhere, do you mean to similar organizations and agencies and in positions like standing post/protection/law enforcement?

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      FBI, ATF, HSI, DEA, USMS, DIA, etc. The skills and training are transferable if you put the effort in and don’t limit yourself to a box pushing buttons

• I started reading Becoming Bulletproof by Evy Pompouras. She was a former secret service agent and has talked A LOT about her experiences and what they taught her in training. I would definitely check it out if USSS is your top choice or are considering it.

Comment

• It's May 15th and still didn't hear anything about my adjudication process. My buddy applied for a CBP position and was in adjudicative process for 7 months. He got a call 2 days ago informing him that his background investigation was completed.

That made me jelous lol

Comment

• Can anyone describe in detail what UD's do on a daily basis ?

The true realities of the job ?
        Last edited by Stay Frosty; 06-02-2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Access control mostly, but you also have specialized teams like the patrol division, rifle team, ERT, CS, Hammer, etc. Some have a time on requirement to put in for, but a majority are available once you finish OJT

• Hey guys. First time posting in this forum. Hope everyone is staying safe during these times. Anybody been scheduled for any portion of the application process yet? Any news on any upcoming ELACs? Any class dates? I'm still waiting for my SUPER interview, but just a little curious as to where everyone else is and how COVID is affecting everything.
        Last edited by Schaller1994; 07-09-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've seen a few SUPERs scheduled in the special agent topic. Maybe an ELAC too. But not a ton of movement otherwise.

I've been waiting since March for my SUPER and I'm pretty much not getting my hopes up at this point.

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Schaller... Things are moving at different paces, depending on which region you're in, factoring COVID and opening phases per each and every state. My SA application has moved quite fast with more than 3 steps knocked out in the last 2 months.

• Rascon3Romeo
          Rascon3Romeo commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't imagine it will go too quick for UD right now. Although still hiring and always need good people, FLETC has us stopped up for new classes, considering they are operating at a 1/3 capacity so they have to clear their backlog of halfway classes prior to taking a lot of new ones. On top of that at RTC we only have 2 or so UD classes on campus. Always changing but was supposed to be that way until most likely end of summer are the rumors at best. Be patient.

• Schaller1994
          Schaller1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys for the information. Much appreciated! I'm processing out of North Jersey and the cases in the state haven't been as bad compared to other states in the Northeast, not to mention NY has reopened processing applications. So, hopefully I will hear something soon. In the meantime, I've been working out and running like crazy and also have been hitting the range. It's never too early to prepare.

• Hello to all fellow applicants.
        i have some good news to share for anybody stuck in the adjudicative process. The Congress went back into session yesterday, which means all the applications that are in adjudicative process will be looked at and hopefully pushed through. The time frame is unknown but at least the Congress is back in session.

Cheers!

Comment

• UD-JS002-20
          Applied: 07/20/2020
          Test: 07/24/2020 (PASSED: I had passed a test in February 2019 and they applied it to this posting)
          SUPER: Pending

Comment

• Is USSS-UD still looking to hire a lot ?

Comment

• DCFED
              DCFED commented
              Editing a comment
              Apply to US Capitol and US Supreme Court Police

• OCN_1
              OCN_1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, they are

• Hello, first time posting and have been tracking this thread for months now. Still no word back after I passed UDEE, I am waiting for SUPER. No communication back from my field office...

Any advice? I know patience is the keyword here for this hiring timeline. Thank you in advance, cheers!

Comment

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              How long ago was it when you passed the test?

I’m in the special agent process (they do a SUPER too) and passed the exam first week of March. Haven’t heard anything at all back from the field office since then. I’ve called a few times and it hasn’t been helpful.

I’ve seen several other people in the SA process have done their SUPERs in late July. So I’m guessing it depends on how afraid of COVID your local office is.

• mudflapp
              mudflapp commented
              Editing a comment
              Big Bob 69 --

I took / passed the UDEE June 16, 2020. And got an Email saying SUPER is next step June 17... Never got any word back since.

I guess this is just a waiting game. FLETC is backed up. FIeld offices are closed. It just is difficult. I am looking at other Federal jobs as well. Coming from a recent college graduate.

• Hi guys and gals, I have been following this thread for awhile. For those who have gone through the process with Uniformed Division, did anyone with color vision deficiency get disqualified due to not being able to pass Ishihara Test? I read in the previous posts about some applicants getting a separate letter from an ophthalmologist and bringing that with you to the medical exam. Could someone weigh in on this matter as and shed some light onto the color vision part of the medical examination?

Thanks in advance.
            Note: I've been a certified Police Officer for 2 years.

Comment

• Taco_loco
              Taco_loco commented
              Editing a comment
              I can’t pass the circle test. I got a certified letter from my eye doctor and I am currently in training. You just have to pass the farsnworth d-15. It’s at your own expense.

• AlmostReal
              AlmostReal commented
              Editing a comment
              @Taco_Ioco Thanks for your response man I appreciate it. I know you're probably super tired and loaded with assignments but would you mind if I asked a few questions in a private message ?
              Last edited by AlmostReal; 08-03-2020, 12:22 AM.

• Hello lads and ladies,
            I just got word from my field office that they are starting up on SUPER interviews late August, early Sept. The field office explained it will be in person but with COVID guidelines being followed/practiced... this is big and exciting news! This is for at least my area, North Carolina.

Keep it up. Have patience. Keep confidence.

Comment

• Hey guys! Just got an update that Monday they will do my home interview then all that’s left for me is waiting for the final offer call. Looks like the process is back in motion

Comment

• Originally posted by 702girlUD View Post
                Hey guys! Just got an update that Monday they will do my home interview then all that’s left for me is waiting for the final offer call. Looks like the process is back in motion
                Wow, congrats!

Comment

• There is a delay for now. Have a backfill of classes and FLETC is backed up with classes down there. It will pick up, but slowly. FLETC will probably not have a NEW class for a while and then Follow up training won't either. Limited amount of classes on campus for now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4753 users online. 286 members and 4467 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X