Security interview - 04/27/2019

Poly Graph - 06/05/2019

Medical Examination - 06/12/2019

Background Investigator contacted me - 06/13/2019

Drug Test - 06/19/2019

Home Interview - 06/20/2019

Background Investigation Completed- 06/21/2019

Denied via email - 06/26/2019

My test date isn’t on here because I applied before within the same year and didn’t have to retake the test.

It really sucks going through the entire process just for them to deny you. Apparently out of all the qualified applicants, they get placed in a pool and they pick the better qualified ppl from that pool. But it especially sucks when you’re a good applicant yourself. My pool of ppl must have been really good. But I’ll just keep applying. I’ll get it eventually. To my knowledge everyone doesn’t get it the first few times they apply, so to those of you who make it through the entire process, it is not a guaranteed job just because you have completed all this stuff. While going through the process, I just knew I would be hired after completing the medical portion and hearing nothing but good things from my background investigator. So throughout the process just know you are still lucky to get as far as wherever you have gotten and don’t get your hopes up too high. Stay humble and even if you are denied, persevere and keep trying. I hope some of y’all received better news than I have. I’m only 27, so I still have some time. I actually re applied the same day I was denied. But anyways, good luck!

Comment

• Defiant6
      Defiant6 commented
      Editing a comment
      im just starting the process so im kind of new to this but i have a couple questions just to get some clarity. on your timeline i dont see your physical fitness test why is that ? i seen on the timeline that is provided on the official site that its after the udee is this correct ?

• ajc518
      ajc518 commented
      Editing a comment
      This same thing happened to me so it can happen. We have the same time line I just received my email denying me. I was wondering if most of the process such as medical and polygraph can be re-used for future applications. I have already reapplied to both SA and UD positions.

• Starting the hiring process now and scheduled to take my UDEE in the next couple of weeks. i'm sure this question has been asked before but please bare for me im trying to be as prepared as i can be. Does anyone have any any advice for it and the step that follows after?

Comment

• ThinkingMan1911
      ThinkingMan1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      The only thing that I can say is that you should be completely honest about everything. Do not attempt to hide anything. If you've been in trouble before as a juvenile or adult, do not hide it. If you do that, everything after your security interview should be a breeze. From my experience, everything after your security interview is just a verification of everything you put into your security clearance paperwork. So if you have been honest, then you will complete the process with no problems. But as I've stated in the forum before, just because you complete the hiring process absolutely does not mean you will get the job.

• FishStix
      FishStix commented
      Editing a comment
      For the UDEE, use the provided UDEE Preparation Guide. It's the official guide and outlines the sections & provides practice questions to prepare for the real thing.

• Defiant6
      Defiant6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate the comments. just making sure i am not missing anything. i have studied over that guide like a dozen times when i realized that other than what they provide there are not any other guides online

• I received the call today !

Comment

• ThinkingMan1911
      ThinkingMan1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I'm over here butt hurt. lol

• Originally posted by Defiant6 View Post
    im just starting the process so im kind of new to this but i have a couple questions just to get some clarity. on your timeline i dont see your physical fitness test why is that ? i seen on the timeline that is provided on the official site that its after the udee is this correct ?
    You won't do a physical test during the hiring process, you do that after you receive your call that you have the job.

Comment

• Defiant6
      Defiant6 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, i was really have been nervous and killing myself in the gym making myself in the gym making sure im able to meet the standards especially if i had to do an test in the next month or so but now i continue working out with some ease

• Quick question. Regarding questions on the initial application. On the question regarding drug usage did it specify rather it was 12 months or past usage in general ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Defiant6 View Post
      Quick question. Regarding questions on the initial application. On the question regarding drug usage did it specify rather it was 12 months or past usage in general ?
      Go to your USA Jobs dashboard and find the USSS job listing. Click on the associated link for "additional application information." Once on the USSS job website, find the job listing and there will be an option for "download your application." Click that and you can see all the questions and your answers for your application.

On a related note, the important standard is that everyone must meet the USSS Drug Policy (https://www.secretservice.gov/forms/drug-policy.pdf), so make sure you can meet those standards. Basically everyone must be at least 1 year and up to 5 years minimum removed from their last drug usage, with specific time requirements based on the drug and your age at usage.
      Last edited by FishStix; 07-01-2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• 1. Has anyone been through the academy? how is it? failure rate? Is there any swimming or water training at the academy?

2. Being a new hire, where are they usually placed/post?

3. How often do they have to travel for work?

Comment

• triniboy05
          triniboy05 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in the agent side but a fairly recent graduate and we’re right there with UD so these are based off of observations and interactions:

1. It’s tough (especially on the UD side, very paramilitary). There’s a water safety portion, you can’t fail it. Failure rate is 2-4 a class on both sides it seems on average.

2. You’ll be at the White House at a both initially or something to that affect. There are trips and such as well.

3. It’s how often you put in for trips, or are told. Plan to travel.

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Current UD. Triniboy05 hit the nail on the head. Especially with campaign season, be prepared to travel anywhere and everywhere. It’s a good time for sure and you gain a lot of experience.

Last edited by GuHan; 07-24-2019, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Hi everyone,
          I'm fairly new UD officer. Little over year ago I was in your shoes so I know how it is. Once you in you bearly coming back to this forum but you guys can feel free to ask or better shoot me a messsge.
          FLETC in Artesia sucks since its in the middle of nowhere. The good think is that you'll have plenty time to study. As far as academics goes, study, study and one more time study - If you put your hard work in, I guarantee you guys... you won't fail. Same comes to the RTC, study and you'll be fine.
          As far as physical aspects, start working out now. It will benefits you in the long run, RTC physical training is harder than FLETC so you'll be soar and bruised.
          Little about the job, We are all attached to the WH, Leadership is very professional, everyone is looking for each other. There is plenty of overtime. Around 40h of OT in pay period (2 weeks) will put you in around 3000$ after taxes etc. Base on that 62k$ salary. Remember, we're living in D.C. Its pricey here. FLETC paycheck are around 1500-1700$ depending on your tsp, taxes etc but once OT hits, especially on the job, you'll see decent paychecks.

I've became operational in January and so far did 2 details with POTUS in April and VPOTUS in May, in States. Next one comes within a month or so. There is a list and they are going thru it.
          We lost few people in my FLETC class during firearms. If you never or bearly handle a firearm. It can be a good idea to hit some ranges with good Instructor.
          Good luck to you all and hope to see you on the other side.
          Last edited by Johnny007; 07-09-2019, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• GuHan
            GuHan commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by GuHan; 07-24-2019, 06:42 AM.

• Defiant6
            Defiant6 commented
            Editing a comment
            How are your living arrangements in DC as far as rent, affordability, ect ?

• "2 weeks onboarding"? Are you asking about OJT (On Job Training) after graduation RTC? You will have everything during OJT: vest, uniform, weapon, badge etc. It's a training, you will do everything what required next to other operational officers. Actually right now it last 3 weeks, weekends off.
          PT:
          You need at least 1 from each category, 10 total in all 4. We had people who couldn't do single pull ups. They get back in shape during FLETC and RTC. But please, dont be that guy or gal who's waiting for training environment only to start working out. You should do PT now.

Housing: Lots of people renting houses, appartments with your classmates.

Comment

• Sheridan1
            Sheridan1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there a cap on OT? Is the OT back to back shifts or working on your days off?

• For OT you can do 4hr "come early" or 4hr "stay over" your normal 8hr shift so you'll do 12hr that day. During your days off you can also work. Any hours outside your normal schedule is OT. OT you can change for Comp time = vacations/days off. 8hr of Comp time = one day off.
          Not sure about CAP...

Comment

• I've became operational in January and so far did 2 details with POTUS in April and VPOTUS in May, in States. Next one comes within a month or so.

OPSEC. Might want to edit that.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• There is nothing OPSEC about it. Turn on CNN, FoxNews or go to WH website from time to time. How do you think people are getting tickets, invitations for upcoming meetings, rallys, public gatherings ahead of visits. There is widely available schedule.
              Last edited by Johnny007; 07-12-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Dude...you REALLY need to go back to school. Epic FAIL.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• You need to stop troling. You are that one guy who knows everything but actually never earned the badge, probably don't even have a drivers license or real job. That's why you have time to eat chips, get fat and acquire close to 13k posts... Make sense, doesn't it.

EDIT:
                  Just out of curiosity I did check your posts. Congrats, Looks like your whole life is running around someone elses dreams of becoming a LEOs via this forum.
                  Last edited by Johnny007; 07-12-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10927 users online. 550 members and 10377 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X