300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post
    My timeline so far. I am working with the Dallas Field Office.

USSS UD

01/22/2019 Initial application
    01/25/2019 Invited to UDEE
    02/07/2019 UDEE (Passed)
    02/11/2019 Invited to SUPER
    02/14/2019 Completed SUPER
    03/01/2019 NOR for SUPER (Passed) and conditional offer
    03/06/2019 Emailed eye exam and OF306
    03/07/2019 Acknowledgment of receipt of eye exam and OF306. Further paperwork to attach to eQIP
    03/08/2019 Received eQIP link and login info
    03/10/2019 Submitted eQIP and additional paperwork

All the rest is pending.
    03/18/2019 Request for written statement on a couple incidents I listed on my SF86. Submitted statement same day
    03/19/2019 Acknowledgment of receipt of written statement

Comment

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• UnexpectedLE
        UnexpectedLE commented
        Editing a comment
        You've probably heard this, but just tell the truth on the poly. Nothing to be concerned about as long as you're honest.

• Timeline:
      Applied first week of July
      UDEE July 31st
      Super and security Nov 11th
      Government shutdown 12/22/18-1/25/19
      Polygraph Feb 19th.
      Medical March 11th.
      Home Interview March 15th.
      Fingerprinting: March 18th.
      "The Call": March 21st.

Offered a class date for the very near future, but I have a big life event coming in May, so I'll be in Artesia mid summer to early fall. Hope to see some of you there and I will update what I can.

Comment

• Good morning folks,

I applied for the listing UD NC002-19 back in 1/27/19. I got the Best qualified email on 03/01/19. But, on 3/5/19, i got another email saying,"we have received your application ...and it is under review.... Please disregard the previous email that was sent on March 1, 2019. We wish you success in your employment endeavors." Has this happened to anyone before?

The email says to check back on status by login into my account in a couple of days, but so far there has not been an update. I did apply for another opening under the UD, and i got a status update that says this application is already under current review.

Thank you for your info.

USSSUD

applied- 1/29/19
      letter of qualification- 3/1/19
      new letter of review- 3/5/19

USCP
      applied- 3/14/19
      letter of qualification- 3/15/19
      assessment- 04/13-04/14/19

Comment

• 2019-Applicant I guess the powers that be have their reason

Comment

• I took my poly a month ago, does anyone know when I should be hearing back?

Comment

• 2019_Applicant
          2019_Applicant commented
          Editing a comment
          A ton of people ask this question and there isn't an exact answer. You will find out if you passed once your background begins or medical begins, ranges from weeks to months.

• UnexpectedLE
          UnexpectedLE commented
          Editing a comment
          I never heard back, so I took it as "no news is good news." Don't stress about it. If they need you to retake it, they'll definitely let you know.

• USCG_27
          USCG_27 commented
          Editing a comment
          UnexpectedLE Yeah, It just threw me off, the process has been moving pretty swift up until this point. Everyone keeps telling me "no news is good news", so I've been keeping that mentality. Hoping to hear back soon though.

• lifeinterestsme
          lifeinterestsme commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in the same boat as you...I took the Poly about a month ago and have no idea what my status is now. Just like you, things were moving pretty good up until this point. I keep checking my app on usajob. gov and still says referred and under review, so i guess thats a good thing lol

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• lifeinterestsme
          lifeinterestsme commented
          Editing a comment
          So you have your medical scheduled before your poly? Thats different, Im still waiting on my poly results and I was told background and medical would be after that.

• 2019_Applicant
          2019_Applicant commented
          Editing a comment

• USCG_27
          USCG_27 commented
          Editing a comment
          When you receive instructions for your poly, the email specifically says to not work midnight shift the night prior as it could mess with the results of your exam. I would highly suggest making shift changes now so you can get a good night sleep.

• 2019_Applicant
          2019_Applicant commented
          Editing a comment

• What is the top salary and how many years does it take to achieve it. Also this is standing post or will you do some patrol work?, anyone otj what’s the turnover rate?, are there a lot of opportunity for OT?

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's majority post work and high turnover rate, and more OT than you would want.

• UnexpectedLE
          UnexpectedLE commented
          Editing a comment
          Salary info is available here: https://www.secretservice.gov/join/careers/uniformed/ down near the bottom of the page.
          From my conversations with UD officers, it's what you make it. Everybody starts standing post, I think, but you rotate every 50 minutes to stay alert. Patrol is definitely an option and from what I've gathered you can get into technician positions after 18 months. Definitely more overtime than you can shake a stick at, but to me that's worth it for where I want to go in life.

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          New officers will work screening checkpoints, footbeats, etc. You can also work with tours and major events on complex if you choose. Patrol is a position you will need to put in for and be selected, but I definitely suggest doing so. OT is plentiful, you can really write your own paycheck essentially. The hours can be brutal at times but it really isn’t that bad. Plus the travel is a great opportunity

• I took my polygraph December 2017 and haven’t heard anything yet... hmmmm

Comment

• Deleted....
        Last edited by vtruy; 10-06-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post

03/18/2019 Request for written statement on a couple incidents I listed on my SF86. Submitted statement same day
          03/19/2019 Acknowledgment of receipt of written statement
          03/20/2019 Request for proof of resolution of credit issues (Due date: 04/19/2019)

Due to excessive debts from a divorce and subsequent child support, I won't be able to resolve the bad debt within the required time frame, so I have to withdraw my application.

I wish the best of luck to all of you.

Comment

• leo1112
            leo1112 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheaper to keep her

• fsi1212
            fsi1212 commented
            Editing a comment
            leo1112 it wasnt my decision

• 2019_Applicant
            2019_Applicant commented
            Editing a comment

• fsi1212
            fsi1212 commented
            Editing a comment
            2019_Applicant not sure yet. Depends on where I'm at in a few years. Its several thousand dollars worth of bad debt so it will take quite awhile to resolve it. I am waiting on a final offer with DoD police since I already have a secret clearance.

Last edited by 2019_Applicant; 05-23-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Hi all, I have a question I'm hoping someone could clear up for me. I have heard a number of things when it comes to UD officers transferring over to the SA position.Some have said that the agency will not want to lose you to another agency, so an eventual move over to SA is likely (if desired) as long as you have a bachelors degree. Others have said that UD gives you absolutely no advantage to getting into a SA position. Could someone help to clarify this for me?
            Thanks!

Comment

• 2019_Applicant
              2019_Applicant commented
              Editing a comment
              I've asked this to a few SA's and they all had different answers so I'm going to say it depends on the needs of the Service during that time.

I've heard it is harder for UD to go SA as well as the opposite!

I believe as long as you have great work performance in UD and meet all other eligibility requirements it would be dumb not to hire you for SA. They did mention though that when you're in the Secret Service, they're going to know everything about you as the Service is very small.

• 2019_Applicant Thanks for the info! If anyone else has any info on this I would love to hear it.

Comment

• OCN_1
              OCN_1 commented
              Editing a comment
              There are still plenty of officers going from UD to SA. They still provide mixed-basic classes for converting officers to attend.

• hopefulfed36
              hopefulfed36 commented
              Editing a comment
              OCN_1 thanks for the comment. If all I possessed (other than UD work) was a bachelors degree in construction science and management, would they still consider me for SA? Or do you need some additional attributes such as a 2nd language, etc. Basically what I am asking is if I got into the service with UD and had good work performance, would I have a good shot at making the move to SA or does it still depend on what other attributes you have? Once you are on with USSS, does it give you an "inside path" to SA or would I have the same shot as everyone else?

• OCN_1
              OCN_1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Additional attributes always help, but SA only requires a degree. I know a lot of SA’s with very diverse and surprising backgrounds. UD to SA has conversion classes like I mentioned, but you will not get the FLETC CITP certification unless you start the process from the beginning and receive a FLETC academy date. Of course the agency seeing you can hold a clearance with UD and work without any issues will always be a big bonus for you, should you want to convert over.

• hopefulfed36
              hopefulfed36 commented
              Editing a comment
              OCN_1 thanks for providing me with that info. I think UD work would be great out of college with a transfer to SA a few years down the line a great goal. I will definitely look into this path.

• So I received a email early this morning on USAjobs for check my updated status . It says “You are among the best qualified candidates and have been referred for the next step in the selection process.” So I have completed the home interview in early February. So does this means the call is next? Have anyone experience this before .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6941 users online. 375 members and 6566 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X