Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service Uniform Division

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post edited.
    Last edited by antman311; 04-23-2018, 06:51 PM.

    Comment


    • Good start on the process, review interview questions online and be prepared!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • I have the POST Test tomorrow but I'm going to decline on taking the test. Don't have time to be standing post and being called in or have my leave cancelled. I need a little piece of mind at a job.

        Comment


        • Secret Service Uniform Division

          Originally posted by DCFED View Post
          I have the POST Test tomorrow but I'm going to decline on taking the test. Don't have time to be standing post and being called in or have my leave cancelled. I need a little piece of mind at a job.
          Peace of mind

          Sorry had to.

          Why did you apply in the first place? Out of curiosity.


          Sent from my coconut.
          Last edited by cbear; 09-30-2015, 10:27 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cbear View Post
            Peace of mind

            Sorry had to.

            Why did you apply in the first place? Out of curiosity.


            Sent from my coconut.
            Applied because I wanted to.

            Comment


            • Anyone here take the POST in DC on the 19th?
              Get the email about the interviews yet?

              Comment


              • So I read this forum a lot and I was hoping to give back a little. For those of you in the process just relax, be yourself, and be honest and you should be fine. Everyone through out my process was great. It may be incredibly slow but be patient, they will call! I applied in May 2014 I believe it was and POST and Panel were both completed by October. After that things were incredibly slow. It took another 6 months for my SI and 4 months after that for my polygraph.

                They called to fly me to DC for my medical recently(although I declined after a TON of soul searching) so I assume things may start moving quickly for you guys.

                On a lighter note, don't worry about your polygraph. I read all these horror stories on here and went to mine not sure what to expect. Mine was several hours and walked out feeling really good about it. Two to three weeks later I got a call signaling I passed.

                Best of luck to all. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will see what I can do.
                Last edited by CarGoNV; 09-30-2015, 07:38 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CarGoNV View Post
                  So I read this forum a lot and I was hoping to give back a little. For those of you in the process just relax, be yourself, and be honest and you should be fine. Everyone through out my process was great. It may be incredibly slow but be patient, they will call! I applied in May 2014 I believe it was and POST and Panel were both completed by October. After that things were incredibly slow. It took another 6 months for my SI and 4 months after that for my polygraph.

                  They called to fly me to DC for my medical recently(although I declined after a TON of soul searching) so I assume things may start moving quickly for you guys.

                  On a lighter note, don't worry about your polygraph. I read all these horror stories on here and went to mine not sure what to expect. Mine was several hours and walked out feeling really good about it. Two to three weeks later I got a call signaling I passed.

                  Best of luck to all. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will see what I can do.
                  If you don't mind my asking, how come you chose to not continue with the process after making it that far?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Helo189 View Post
                    If you don't mind my asking, how come you chose to not continue with the process after making it that far?
                    There are a lot of contributing factors but I will try and keep this concise. I know these processes can be very time consuming but after 1.5 years into the process things have changed for me.

                    In complete honesty I would be using it as a stepping stone like many to gain useful training and experience as it does seem to be a good job with great people. For the 1811 direction, I think it helps but I feel could make myself an equally attractive candidate with current leadership opportunities, languages, education, etc. For the local LE opportunities it doesn't really do much as the training does not qualify for a lateral position in the majority of the locations I enjoy. Overall I feel any possibility to better myself could still come in my present situation without forced overtime that may cause me to cancel vacation, work weeks at a time, or possibly not see my parents as their health deteriorates.

                    Overall my impression with the agency was great but as I mentioned I was really wrestling with what direction to take things. I felt if I couldn't 100% commit I felt it best to withdraw. I REALLY wanted to continue to see if I was successful with the few remaining steps but morally I didn't feel I should if I couldn't 100%. Just the medical and background alone would likely cost thousands on their own let alone tens of thousands for training if I accepted and that isn't something I want to waste even if it is a drop in the bucket.

                    Comment


                    • Well I appreciate your honesty, but truly it must have been hard to not continue the process. I'm currently still in the hiring process and I'm almost done. All I have left is my home interview and the call of course. Fingers crossed for sure though! If anyone else is far in the process, I'd appreciate to hear from you!


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • USSS (ud)Start pay $56592 closing in 2 days. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/417904000

                        Comment


                        • I see that the passing score is a 70. What's a realistic score to get called back for the next step?

                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by VT2k15 View Post
                            Well I appreciate your honesty, but truly it must have been hard to not continue the process. I'm currently still in the hiring process and I'm almost done. All I have left is my home interview and the call of course. Fingers crossed for sure though! If anyone else is far in the process, I'd appreciate to hear from you!

                            Very difficult. Who knows if I will make it that far through another process but for all I know the hiring board would have declined to move forward so I don't worry too much. If you have made it that far, I like your chances! Good luck!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                              Go on their website their entire payscale is posted

                              Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
                              I can't seem to find it. Is this the website where you found the payscale?

                              http://www.secretservice.gov/join/careers/uniformed/

                              Comment


                              • Thank you, I appreciate it! I've got my home interview tomorrow so this is almost the last step.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6961 users online. 378 members and 6583 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X