Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You will get a phone call most likely but also they will send you a packet via mail with dates, times and what you will need the first week.

The dates I cannot say. I will say one class is in FLETC right now and I think another class is comming out of FLETC to the SS academy. There will probably only be another 3-4 classes this year so those ...its hard to say a date.

Keep on working out...itll be worth it in the long run...trust me on this =P

As far as FLETC training is...it was much much easier then SS training was. You go to classes, learn the basics of police training such as law, policy and tactics as well as other things I cannot mention. You will always always have working out classes where they take you on a "LITTLE" run =P ...notice the word "little" is capitalized =P

Comment

• So far mine has gone pretty fast. I sent in the application the last week of February, took the written test in NYC on March 11th, sent back all the paperwork and was called and told the panel interview will be in the next two weeks and they will call me back to let me know when.

I have some questions for anyone reading this that went through FLETC or the SS academy. I know you can not talk in too muc hdetail but just a few questions:

1. Physical training wise, whats the best things you can do to prepare?
      2. Whats the farthest they make you run? I can run the mile and a half in 13 minutes without a problem, should i be attempting to run 5miles, 8 miles, 10? Can you give me any incite on that.
      and finally
      3. Theres no written physical requirements anywhere for the SS. Im assuming the basic 35 situps and 35 pushups plus 1.5 mile run in 13 minutes. I can do that without a problem. But if they require a 10 mile run or somthing obsurd, do they expect you to be able to do that on day one, or do they give you time frames or let you work up to it.

thanks, any incite let me know!

Comment

• 1. Physical training wise, whats the best things you can do to prepare? Run 3 times a week if you can. Start at 1 mile if you are not a runenr and work up to 3-4 miles, do push ups. You can do a pyramid or just sets of 10, sit ups, pulls ups, and basically work your body out. You need to have HIGH cardio.
        2. Whats the farthest they make you run? I can run the mile and a half in 13 minutes without a problem, should i be attempting to run 5miles, 8 miles, 10? Can you give me any incite on that.
        and finally 1.5 miles in 13 min is not good especially if your under 30. I cannot give you the exact time but you need to be faster =P. Work on quarter mile sprints. This will increase your running speed. Do about 4-6 quarter mile sprints with a 1 minute break in between. You should be able to run 4 miles.
        3. Theres no written physical requirements anywhere for the SS. Im assuming the basic 35 situps and 35 pushups plus 1.5 mile run in 13 minutes. I can do that without a problem. But if they require a 10 mile run or somthing obsurd, do they expect you to be able to do that on day one, or do they give you time frames or let you work up to it. There is a written physical req but you will not see it unless you make it that far. 35 situps, 35 pushups will fail you. That is no way good enough. You are expected to do well day 1 because its understood that you need to work out from day 1. Yopu filled out a form that asked how often you work out, and such which many people exagerate on. Well you signed it so be prepared to live up to it and more. You will get better as time progresses but if you dont want to get injured or pass out or throw up on runs, you better work out now. You will be tested on many things and if you cannot pass certain physical things you will be aksed to leave.

Comment

• What is the USSS UD officer's jurisdiction? Do they have authority in all states, or how does that work out?

Comment

• Took the written POST

I took the written POST back on Feb 25 in chicago and recieved a passing score of 90%. I recieved the passing letter back on march 9. I haven't heard anything back about the medical examination which states is the next part in the process. How long will it take to get to the next step. by the way I am 32 years of age. I am working out hard everyday. I can do 40 pushups, 46 situps in a minute. 1 1/2 in 13 minutes, sit and reach is 17 inches, but my pulls ups really suck barely can do 1. How can I improve on them?

Scott

Comment

• Exercise

I got my 1.5 miler down to 14:00... apparently, being USAF doesn't exactly put you in the best shape (odd, since I am an MP). But hey, 14:00 is my best time so far!
              -SrA J Hughes
              United States Air Force
              Security Forces Patrolman
              -Defensor Fortis-

-AMU Student: BA Criminal Justice

Comment

• Originally posted by AirmanE3
                I got my 1.5 miler down to 14:00... apparently, being USAF doesn't exactly put you in the best shape (odd, since I am an MP). But hey, 14:00 is my best time so far!
                I always hated running. I am testing for a local PD, we had to do the 1 1/2 run outside in the ran, around a wet soggy grass track with mud, tree stumps and braches in the way, wind in our face and I still pulled a 13 minute run. Gotta love that treadmill

Comment

• Running

I want to get my run time down to 13:30, then to 13 flat.
                  -SrA J Hughes
                  United States Air Force
                  Security Forces Patrolman
                  -Defensor Fortis-

-AMU Student: BA Criminal Justice

Comment

• Don't Quote me on this, but I'm going to put my 2 cents in, I do BELIEVE that they have full arrest power in DC, but as for outside DC, I am not so sure, you know, with protection details, etc., and all. Someone chime in here and help a fellow out!
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• i can't do the sit and reach for nothing. My hamstrings are so tight i can reach but not with my legs flat on the floor.

After our written test we had a big presentation while we waitied for our scores, they told us that you have full police powers in DC, just like the DC Police. As for outside of DC, you do, when you travel. For instance, anywhere you go on a protective detail you will have police powers in order to do your job.

Comment

• You got your score the same day? lol
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

• yes, same day. We took the written test and then it was collected. Then they gave us 5 minutes to visit the table in the back of the room which had coffee orange juice donuts and bagels. Then we sat back down and watched two quick videos on the UD and the hiring process. Then two agents started talking about everything and answering questions while the other agents pulled us out one by one and we were told our scores, if you failed you left; if you passed you were given a one on one interview, if you passed the interview you were given a conditonal offer of employment and a cd disc with all the forms on it to mail back and once they recive that they will schedule your panel. Was a real easy process, and everyone was really nice. I took the written test for the NJSP and the troopers giving the exam were nasty, screaming at you where to stand and where to sit and where to park even, but the secret service exam was very professional and everyone was very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by njsurfer
                            i can't do the sit and reach for nothing. My hamstrings are so tight i can reach but not with my legs flat on the floor.

After our written test we had a big presentation while we waitied for our scores, they told us that you have full police powers in DC, just like the DC Police. As for outside of DC, you do, when you travel. For instance, anywhere you go on a protective detail you will have police powers in order to do your job.
                            My sit and reach use to be horrible, couldn't touch past my knees, but I went to the towl stretch thing and now I can put 5 fingers on the ground, no palms yet. I am about 17 inches on the sit and reach which isn't too bad for me. Now I have to work on those darn pullups.

Comment

• What is the USSS UD officer's jurisdiction? Do they have authority in all states, or how does that work out? They have the similar police powers as DC Police have. Powers can go into Virginia and Maryland. As far as other states go...that depends if your an agent and work there. If your UD in say Kentucky and off duty...you would have to witness a crime that is life endangering is one example. If your in Kentucky and say on duty for an event and people cross over a police line or dont evacuate or whatever...you have Federal powers and can execute them on people because scope of the law will go under Federal Law, not the DC code. =P Very nice eh =P

On the person who cannot do a pull up. If you can only do 1...you will fail. Your gonna need to be able to do ALOT more then 1. Let me rephrase this without giving out numbers because I cannot do that, in order to get more you need to just dop it every day. I do sets so for you if you can do just 1, do 3 sets of 1 and build it up. Also try negatives such as doing 1 but when you start to go down go real real slow till your hanging then hang for 10 secs.
                              Also its very much a back exercise so go to the lat pull down bar and work that bar as well into your routine. I couldnt do 1 pull up when I started. It took me months but I finally did it. Its possible just keep at it. Oh, and the paper work says pullup but let me clarify...you do pull ups and chin ups. For testing they do chin ups. Difference? Pull ups require your palmto face outward...its actually harder and your grip will be more spaced out from shoudlers. Chin up is palm towards you and your grip is more at shoudler width or even closer together. Hope that helps.

Scott, your sit and reach is gonna need to be alittle better too. 17is not enough. Thats easy to get though, just stretch every day, standing and sitting and itll take you about 1 month but youll have 20 or so. If you hate running your gonna hate SS academy. You run all the time in rain, snow blizzards, sleet, not sure on hail =P, dark, light, windy and days that are 95 degrees outside. Dont think its down puring and you wont be outside running a couple miles doing indian runs with 300 squats lol.

Comment

• I got my results of the UD exam 3 days later, no video, no coffee, etc etc, just walk in, sign in, sit down, fill out some forms, take the 2.5hr test, and then leave. I found out Wed that I have my test on Thu the 6th of Apr.

Maryland State Police troopers treated us all like it was the first day of the Academy to shock us into a basic feeling of what it's like.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6795 users online. 366 members and 6429 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X