Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-Pad

Good afternoon everyone,

I am interested in information on the B-Pad test. I am taking the physical agility test on March 5th and don

ProWriter,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Is the reaction supposed to be a verbal and/or physical reaction? So will I be up moving around reacting to the situation, or just seated in a chair making verbal reactions?

The whole thing sounds quite interesting. Intimidating! But interesting.

Thanks again,

Amanda

Comment

Not On My B-pad

I took the B-Pad a few months ago and it was composed of 8 different things. I Passed it and now have the poly coming up. The scences were less involved then the ones posted. Its best to go into the test not thinking you know what exactly is going to be on the test. They are updated and changed at the department i teseted with. However it is so simple its funny. I talked to the Master Police officer a couple months after the test and he siad around 40% failed beacuse they either swore at the screen or acted like a macho cop instead of trying to defuse the situation. Be calm during the test and you'll do great. remember to be respectful to all the "people" on the screen. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Well, I passed the physical agility test with no problem (I didn't anticipate having one), but I am glad that is over none the less. I am scheduled to take the B-Pad this upcoming Tues. Then I have to wait a long 20 days to find out the scoring.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Amanda

Comment

I will most likely have to take the B-pad for several of the agencies I will be testing with. Sounds like it could get a little interesting. I've had a lot of experience with the FATS machines which are basically shoot/don't shoot simulations, but atleast in those the video keeps rolling. How long do you have to ramble on for before the next scenario?
          sigpic

Comment

Airforcop,

I have been told that the screen freezes for 45 seconds to 1 Minute. But this will be my first time taking one, so I will get back at you and let you know (assuming I can).

Prowriter,

A follow up on something you said in one of your posts,

"The funny thing about the B-PAD is they say that studies show that performance is unrelated to actual LE experience, which I don't really understand...but they say experienced officers don't do any better on it than they did when the results were compared with their pre-employment B-PAD...but I don't see how that's possible."
            I have spoken with some co-workers of mine who are retired LE Officers and they tend to agree with you. Most of them first looked at me like I was nuts, and then said they don't know how an untrained person would know how to respond to some of these situations. But my plan is to go in, relax, stay calm, safety first, then lots of praying!

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda801
              Airforcop, I have been told that the screen freezes for 45 seconds to 1 Minute. But this will be my first time taking one, so I will get back at you and let you know (assuming I can).
              Prowriter, A follow up on something you said in one of your posts,
              I have spoken with some co-workers of mine who are retired LE Officers and they tend to agree with you. Most of them first looked at me like I was nuts, and then said they don't know how an untrained person would know how to respond to some of these situations. But my plan is to go in, relax, stay calm, safety first, then lots of praying! Amanda
              Amanda, the screen didn't actually freeze; the characters froze in place themselves, and they sometimes reacted some more after you had the chance to respond, as though they heard you and became either remorseful or more belligerent, etc.

The info on experienced LEO's not doing any better than civilians was from the company website, so it isn't necessarily accurate; it may be complete BS. Most likely, it's an anticipated response to criticism that B-PAD skills can be learned and that it therefore isn't going to be as successful at screening out unqualified repeat applicants as it is in screening out unqualified first-timers.
              No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Well I took the BPAD this morning. Honestly it was not as nerve wracking as I had anticipated it to be, although I won't know for another 1-2 weeks as to whether or not I passed it.

Here's to hoping I get the invitation for the psychological!

Thanks to ya'll for your help!

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by jcwjcw
                  However it is so simple its funny. I talked to the Master Police officer a couple months after the test and he siad around 40% failed beacuse they either swore at the screen or acted like a macho cop instead of trying to defuse the situation. Be calm during the test and you'll do great. remember to be respectful to all the "people" on the screen. GOOD LUCK
                  I hate to bring back an old thread, but I would have to partly disagree. I would never swear, be disrespectful or get crazy, but I failed the BPAD I took because I was calm and composed. I had a friend that worked at the department who viewed my BPAD tape afterwards. He told me the reason he thinks I failed was because I was too calm and needed to be more forceful in some of the scenarios. He said my rationale was perfect, but that I needed to kick it up a notch.

Maybe departments vary with the way they grade these things. I did an assessment test for another department, which involved role playing with real actors and I passed it with flying colors. The assessment test was MUCH more realistic then that freakin BPAD. The BPAD is BS IMHO.

Comment

Hi, Im taking the BPAD next week!! I hope I pass!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3999 users online. 243 members and 3756 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X