300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of getting hired???

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I went through the hiring process of a Law Enforcement Agency about two years ago, and wasnt hired do to my pysh. results being "defensive." Will this greatly reduce my chances of getting hired anywhere else that I am applying now? Any advice or comments would be appreciated, thank you.

I assume this was during a face-to-face interview?

A lot can change in two years. Perhaps you have matured some. Many psychological tests are designed to identify potential employees who fit a certain profile. Not every agency uses the same criteria. Therefore, being washed out from one does not preclude employment at another.

That being said, if there is a "flaw" or a "hiccup" in your personailty or your psyche, it may be discovered over and over in psychological testing and interviews.

Don't give up after only one application. Good luck.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matt. 5:9

Comment

Great advice as usual PBJ.

I think you should keep trying as well. It may have been a subjective determination if it was based on an interview with the Psych. This "defensive" label may prove to be a one time thing with this particualr examiner.

Now if you continue to experience similar results in the future, you obviously have a serious impediment toward obtaining a position in LE.

Good luck.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BRICKCOP
        Great advice as usual PBJ.

I think you should keep trying as well. It may have been a subjective determination if it was based on an interview with the Psych. This "defensive" label may prove to be a one time thing with this particualr examiner.

Now if you continue to experience similar results in the future, you obviously have a serious impediment toward obtaining a position in LE.

Good luck.

In one of the books that I am reading for police/law enforcement. It says if you are not comfortable or feel you have said something wrong in the psych. You can ask for another examiner or ask them to ask the question over again. They also said (in the book) that its not the machine (the poly) that will determine whther you are telling the truth. Its the examiner.

So I think I said what Brick had said...LOL..
        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
        Not Yet Visited: 16
        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10336 users online. 508 members and 9828 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X