Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

One more step closer....
    I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Comment

Just got my letter from Hickory Hills about my written exam. Sorry to say but I did not achieve a passing grade of a 70 or better. Kinda sucks. The Chief told me that 25 people passed and 26 people failed that test. Makes me think because I can not even pass a supervisor test at UPS (tried 4 times) and now its happening to me all over again with Police exams. Im jinks with tests.

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball
        Just got my letter from Hickory Hills about my written exam. Sorry to say but I did not achieve a passing grade of a 70 or better. Kinda sucks. The Chief told me that 25 people passed and 26 people failed that test. Makes me think because I can not even pass a supervisor test at UPS (tried 4 times) and now its happening to me all over again with Police exams. Im jinks with tests.

ARCO has some pretty decent police prep exam books.

Comment

paint- I got this book recently and it is packed full of good advice and practice questions

Clicky

Comment

Yup - no more full-time library work for Callisto!

The new job: $1.00 per hour CUT in pay (sucks), but it is a full-time reporter position with a newspaper. I'd be doing the Education beat as well as Features and Photography.

The best part: I primarily get to work from home.

My Fiance just got a new job that is giving her a $12k raise in salary (she is an accountant)- so that added security in additon with my loathing of my job at the Library made this decision pretty easy.

Working from home is going to kick ***. I'll have more time to work out and keep training to become a Police Officer (the *other* dream job outside reporting), I'll be able to house search a lot easier, and help my Fiance with the wedding plans a lot more.

A drawback would be I may have to quit my band, but it seems like I'll be able to pull it off (I'd be working a few nights that we may have practice/shows). Once I get into LE I'll definately have to quit or cut back on band activities - too much time/money is spent on the band anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Callistobass
              A drawback would be I may have to quit my band, but it seems like I'll be able to pull it off (I'd be working a few nights that we may have practice/shows). Once I get into LE I'll definately have to quit or cut back on band activities - too much time/money is spent on the band anyway
              Sounds like you are a blessed man. I too am in a band (singer/guitar) and it is a lot of time, money and hassle at least to me. I recently have played my last show as a Cover Band 2 Friday's ago, my drummers a Doctor and he is moving to another state. As i prepare for LE i can't have any distractions or tempations to get in my way, so i've decided to drop everything and focus on that 100%. Unfortunetly i had to break things off with my girlfriend, becasue i want to focus on my career, and i couldn't give her 50% and the Academy 50%, she understands and we're still friends. Who knows what can happen down the road .

Comment

Originally posted by Creed
                Sounds like you are a blessed man. I too am in a band (singer/guitar) and it is a lot of time, money and hassle at least to me. I recently have played my last show as a Cover Band 2 Friday's ago, my drummers a Doctor and he is moving to another state. As i prepare for LE i can't have any distractions or tempations to get in my way, so i've decided to drop everything and focus on that 100%. Unfortunetly i had to break things off with my girlfriend, becasue i want to focus on my career, and i couldn't give her 50% and the Academy 50%, she understands and we're still friends. Who knows what can happen down the road .
                The band activities have already taken a hit with all the exams and so-on I have been taking, but generally the Departments I have been applying for have had REALLY reasonable times for their physical and written exams - Saturdays, nighttime - I have been very grateful to them for being REALLY flexible with their potential recruits!

My Fiance have talked about Academy life and that is another reason why I am taking a job where I can work from home - I can be there and help witht he wedding and house hunting up until I go to academy (If I am so lucky to make it that far). So while she is at work now I can focus on LE stuff and when she is home I can focus on us (been together for 7 years). She is nervous but supportive if I should get into an academy. It will no doubt be very tough, but we have planned for it

Comment

Just a silly question, because Im applying to CHicago Ridge now. Has anyone taken a physical exam by a doctor? The reason I am asking is because I just came from one (im alright by the way) and I was looking at the application for Chicago Ridge and missed 1 word saying that I have to go to the Police and Fire Commission Doctor. Do you think they are going to let me slide or I would have to do another exam (cough)? It just sucks because they dont give you the address or even a phone number to make an appointment to see their doctor. Just wanted to know incase any of you had a moment like this.

---
                  Just keep swimming swimming

Comment

congratulations on anyone who becomes a police officer in illinois.....

i got chased outta illinois back in 82, when a few cpd cop's said i'd get grey

hair beforethey'd hire a w/m....

so i came to fla in 82, got hired in 83, and got to work for the 1st agency

profiled on the tv show cop's.....!

former "BREMEN" ALUMI HERE.......
                    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Sorry about Hickory Hills paintball. Also good luck on Chicago Ridge. I had the C.R. police chief teach a criminal justice class I took. He was so funny he would have the class in tears almost every class. Best class I have ever taken!

Comment

sounds funny soxfan. at least i know what to expect this time around. My summer plans look like this so far: applying to a lot of agencies, paintball and going out with my girlfriend. She is actually really supportive and helping me look for police departments hiring. Cant beat that. But again thank you all for you support. I hear Justice is hiring too. So ill be picking up and application from them right after Memorial Day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12983 users online. 479 members and 12504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X