300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore PD, MD

Does anyone have any info on the dept, size,pay,etc......

jay2222, Baltimore is a department of about 3200 officers (counting command staff), start at about $35,000 and top out at like $57,000 or so, I have heard bad things about working for the city department though a few guys from pittsburgh tested up there and came back to work in the suburbs around here. They hated it but said if they would do it over again would try for the county instead of the city. Hope that helps.

Comment

http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/government/police/
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I would be a little leary. Wasn't it the Baltimore PD that just forced about 100 officers on permanent limited duty into early retirement?

Comment

Yes but over 75 of them are getting their jobs back. It was not the Departments choice in the matter. But you will have thses sort of things with a lot of bigger departments...and besides the past 2-3 commissioners being brought up on federal charges....sure go work there.
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Busy.Busy Busy. Oh by the way they are very busy. City of over 700,000 and has the highest number of registered heroin addicts, they have the needle exchange. Some nice areas like NW Balto. and Mt. Vernon, Mt Washington? But again its the real deal there, shootings evrerday. I think they started 2005 withn over 17 homicides in Jan alone
            They probably still give tests Mon-Thurs, walk in give photo id, and make sure you have no warrants They will run you. The county is much better.
            "I pay your salary" Yeah So, Can I get a freakin raise???

It takes a village, this he knows is true

Comment

The only good thing that I have heard about the City of Baltimore is that it's easy to get hired.

Which reminds me of the old saying "Nothing that's worth having is easy".

Best of Luck,

Comment

Both Baltimore city and county are hireing, what is the pay scale for county vs city?

Comment

I looked into County last year and they topped around 52,000, I tihnk the city is a tad but higher BUT its Baltimore, the real shiznit. One of a handful of cities that has a usually growing homicide rate. They dont have residency and the county I think has a good union. The city is ok but its gonna be real busy. I took their test about 8 yrs ago, walk ins Monday - thursday,. Howard County Md is hiring, they require 60 credits BUt they have a great 3 day schedule, 12 hr days and they pay alittle better. Go to www.*********************** or www.911hotjobs.com
                  Both have links to each department.
                  Or you can come to Pittsburgh, they are hiring.

Comment

What are Pittsburgh's schedules like?

Comment

Originally posted by sag220
                      What are Pittsburgh's schedules like?
                      Pittsburgh works the typical 5-8 hour days, 2 days off. Usually new guys get Tuesday-Weds. or Weds-Thurs. There are fewer Frid-Sat. or Sat-Suns left by the time it gets down to new guys. They pick on a yearly basis but things open up frequently.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8960 users online. 433 members and 8527 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X