300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince George County, Largo PD in MD

Does anyone have any info on this Dept? I sent in a application a couple days ago.

There is no Largo Police department in Maryland, It's a city , but PG county Police handle the calls in that area as well as most of the county. What info are you looking for on PGPD? I mean you can pretty much get as much as you want from their website. It's a very difficult process to go through and it takes a while. Also, the pay is pretty comparible to other county agencies in Maryland.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Would it be worth leaving NJ and going to MD, how long is the hiring process if accepted?

Comment

Worth it how? There are so many other agencies in Maryland then just PG. There average process is about 7-9 months right now.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Prince George’s County is not a bad place but I have heard that the police and the County Executive were not getting along too well. As a result, a lot of officers are leaving but there are quit a few new officers arriving to take their place. Like any ware else, you have your good locations and your bad locations to work. You have a mixture of everything here in MD from ghettos to very expensive upscale communities. PG’s starting pay is competitive for the region. One good thing is that there are a lot of different agency in the region to choose from, like the Feds, DCPD, Montgomery Co. PD and Sheriff’s Office, Charles and Calvert Co. Sheriff’s Offices, Ana Arundel Co. PD and Sheriff’s Offices and Howard Co PD and Sheriff’s Office. DC, PG and now Charles Co. will have the most action if that’s what you want. Also in PG there are quit a few city PDs or Municipalities Police as they are sometimes called. In addition, there are other LE jobs in VA, check them all out.

Good Luck
          Day after day train your heart out, refining your technique: Use the One to strike the Many! That is the discipline of the Warrior.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Proverbs 26:3
          Stay Safe!

Comment

If you are coming to maryland dont for get Maryland State Police, Maryland Transportation Authority Police, Ocean City PD ( a beach town, a blast in the summer) and Annapolis City police. All have good pay and benefits. The app. process take about 6 mos. MSP is having classes of 55 people every 3 mos. Im am in the process with the first 2 so if you have an questions email me. Good luck.
            American Born, Country By the Grace of God

Comment

GKS1983, where can i find info on the depts you have listed? I wouldent mind the OCPD, but can't find a site w/ info.

Comment

Originally posted by gks1983
                If you are coming to maryland dont for get Maryland State Police, Maryland Transportation Authority Police, Ocean City PD ( a beach town, a blast in the summer) and Annapolis City police. All have good pay and benefits. The app. process take about 6 mos. MSP is having classes of 55 people every 3 mos. Im am in the process with the first 2 so if you have an questions email me. Good luck.
                MSP runs two classes a year, 2. Period. There is no way they can run one every 3 months becasue the Academy is 6 months long and the Academy is only designed/built to handle 50-60 cadets. Ocean City is very hard to get onto and they are not always hiring. They do no even post when they are iring most of the time and they maybe only hire 4-6 people at a time, which Certified and Laterals have preference, and the pay is good, but the cost of living is outrageous since it is a Beachtown. The hire seasonals, but that is a crap job for college students and you only get a 3 week fresher course. Annapolis is very difficult to get on as well and again only hire a handful at a time when they are hiring. MTAPD, if you want to work tolls and the airport then its the way to go.

Here is the link for Ocean City http://www.ocpdmd.com/ any more questions I can answer if you want, but alot of departmens in Maryland have a radius of who they allow apply, so you need to check with that also since you said you are from Jersey.

Comment

irishlad my msp recruiter told me that the are running 4 classes a year, every 3 months. They are over lapping the classes, the next 2 are feb. and may. They are under staffed and the retirement rate is between 9 and 11 a month. This all came form a Sgt. in the recruiting Div.
                  American Born, Country By the Grace of God

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9481 users online. 449 members and 9032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X