300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many departments at once?

Would it be beneficial to go through the hiring process with several departments at once, or concentrate on one at a time? Do departments hold it against you for multiple applications with other agencies? As mentioned in another post, I take the PSP oral boards next month, but will also go to MD State orientation around the same period.

As always, Thanks.

Gil
    "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Apply to as many places you can at the same time. Its like playing the lottery. I've got two rejection letters so far, but for minor issues, but have a exc. chance with one particular agency for this summer. If you want it that bad, apply to a huge city... your chances increase there.

Comment

I applied everywhere in my area, including The Dept Of Corrections. They hired me first, so I went. Then I crossed Certified (Police and Corrections). I then applied everywhere again, and got hired with my current Police Agency.

Point is, it is safe to apply with various agencies. I never had an agency look down on me for that. It is importnat to understand that these agencies will check with the others for discrepencies on your App. Be honest!!! Good Luck.

Comment

Re

Thank you very much for your responses. I guess it would not make sense to "put all of my eggs in one basket" as the saying goes. Thanks again.

Gil
        "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8057 users online. 370 members and 7687 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X