300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Q's for LEO

I have a few questions regarding employment for anyone with an answer.

1. There are civilian jobs in a police department. What are some of the jobs and could a 19 year old apply and be hired?

2. What is the best way to start to become a police officer? Meaning, when could I apply for a police academy? Any special degrees or schooling that are needed or are beneficial to a future LEO?

3. Last question's for now, all regarding SWAT.
    (a) Is there a SWAT team in Georgia?
    (b) How many years do you have to be active on the force to apply for a SWAT position?
    (c) What are some of the requirements to become a SWAT officer?
    (d) Is SWAT Sniper or LE Sniper a job sought after by many?

Thank you for taking the time to answer any of the above questions. Also, if you can't tell already, my lifetime dream has been to become a member of SWAT. It's been an interest of mine since I was about 8 years old. Again, thank you for your time.

--Calvin Hackler--
    <b>Every marksman is not a sniper, but every sniper is a marksman.</b>

Re: Couple Q's for LEO

Originally posted by CalvinHackler

1. There are civilian jobs in a police department. What are some of the jobs and could a 19 year old apply and be hired?

2. What is the best way to start to become a police officer? Meaning, when could I apply for a police academy? Any special degrees or schooling that are needed or are beneficial to a future LEO?

(b) How many years do you have to be active on the force to apply for a SWAT position?

Thank you for taking the time to answer any of the above questions. Also, if you can't tell already, my lifetime dream has been to become a member of SWAT. It's been an interest of mine since I was about 8 years old. Again, thank you for your time.

--Calvin Hackler--
    Dispatcher if they have it in the actual department. But you have to check out specific departments that are hiring. Most departments and if so in GA, you have to be 21 by the time you are hired or graduate the Academy. Some departmens require at least 60 college credits or 2 years military. What department are you referring too? But yes some departments do have SWAT. Depends on if the department you are working for has a SWAT team and what their policy is on how many years on the job you have to have. But to be on SWAT, you have to usually try out, qualify and be one hect of an Officer! Able to Shoot People really well No, just be a good shot and no the nomenclature of weapons they use, be in really good shape, etc. Depens on if the deaprtment has a sniper on the SWAT team or not, etc.. First you need to get hired before you can become a SWAT member and if the department even calls it SWAT, some use CRT, ESU, SRT, etc...
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Wow... you know you're stuff.

I appreciate your response. (it was quick)
      I'll look into the departments and what they offer. Thanks again.

--Calvin Hackler--
      <b>Every marksman is not a sniper, but every sniper is a marksman.</b>

Comment

Re: Couple Q's for LEO

Originally posted by CalvinHackler

* Evidence technician, dispatcher, records, administrative assistant (secretary), crime scene technician, etc.

* Some agencies require a college degree. Check with the agency that you're interested in to see what their individual requirements sre.

* I'm sure there are several.

* It will vary from agency to agency, usually at least 1 year.

* Good physical condition, usually required to pass a separate phychological examination, trustworthy, dependable, I could make a list.

* That depends on the individual. I've been through the sniper course, but I prefer being on the entry team.
        If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

We have a sniper team, breachers and rappelers. We are called the Tactical and Rescue Unit (another name for SWAT) and are trained in various techniques (hostage rescue, warrant service, rapid deployment etc..). Best advise I can give is work hard, earn the respect of your peers and show a great deal of interest once you become a police officer.

Good luck.
          "Support Our Troops"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8009 users online. 361 members and 7648 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X