Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VegasMetro got some ?'s

Vegas,

Looking to get some info on your Dept. Have been looking at it since getting here to Iraq and really deciding that I want to get out of full time service and get back to what I intneded to do with my degree. Love being out on the road and interacting with people. As for Vegas PD, been around the world and Vegas looks like a good place to settle. Area is a boom town and rapidly growing. PD offers a decent pay compared to many areas, like GA where I currently reside. One thing I am trying to do is get into a PD that is comprable to my pay now, as I have to be able to support my bills. Vegas also offers a unique LE side since with the amount of visitiors that go through the area in a week. Always moving when I was there. Plus I like the desert.

Looking to get some info from you on hiring process and what factors they look at that could cause a DQ. I hope that you can help.

V/R
    T***
    V/R
    T*** Tassone

Check their Website for the latest changes because they switch around things like whether you take the written or the PT first, apparently, based on which order seemed to waste resources and time unnecessarily the last time. When I tested you did the PT first, but so many people who passed failed the written the next day, that they changed the order after that. If you're just out of the military, the PT will be nothing for you, and the test is also no problem. If anything, practice memorizing as many details of a single sketch as possible in one or two minutes to answer questions on it; that's the only part where you might lose points if you can read, write, and follow instructions.

If you pass the whole first phase of the process for out-of-area candidates, (PT, Written, B-PAD, Interview, mini-background, in four or five consecutive days), they give you the background packet to take home. It's really pretty thorough as far as these things go: be prepared to provide every place you've ever lived since childhood, including the name of the person who collected the rent; every job you've ever had in your entire life, including the names of your supervisor AND four other individuals at every single job, with all their contact info, too. The interview is in front of a panel of three with one apparently trying to be more confrontational, one neutral, and one helpful. But for a better opportunity that came along for me at home shortly after, I'd have been on my way back for phase II last year. Good luck
    No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, but need info from Vegas as he works at that unit. I don't think I have a problem in any area of testing or hiring except for BI/Poly. I am worried about DQ's for that department. I want to know specifics as I am willing to disclose, but if it is a limfac whether or not I tell the truth, then I need to know. Got two things in my past that I am truthful about and really do not care admitting, but if they are automatic disqualifiers then no point in pursuing. Seems that no matter how good you were in College and Job, there may be some other factors that may hurt me.

T***
      V/R
      T*** Tassone

Comment

Capt T***,

Hey, Good to hear someone who has interest in our agency. I tested 12 years ago and everything has changed. As far as being Dis-qualified for LVMPD. We look at your overall backround (unless your selling Kilo's of coke on a weekly basis) Here are some things our Dept looks at:

1. Drug use..Type of drug,frequency of use... (Marijuana is commonn drug use in this generation..even 5 years or less..meth,coke..different story..

2. Theft..Juvenile vs. Adult...anything recent (within 5 years..) Is there a pattern to the theft..ect... Actually, this area will get you DQ'd faster than drug use.

3. Employment history...switching jobs every few months...

These are the top 3 reasons folks get turned down here. Again, the overall picture is looked at, so if you have anything that concerns you, it might not be a big deal.

We have tons of former military guys...and some Air Force as well...ha....(I'm an Army vet...)

This agency is one of the nations finest, sure we have issues, but the Dept is young and growing.

I hope this helps.

Comment

I visited Las Vegas last year and loved it, but I can't talk my wife into moving there. We have a young daughter and she feels that vegas is not the best place to raise a child. We live near the east coast so moving to vegas would be a big chance. Is there any local department that are currently hiring? My past isn't so great so the poly scares me as well.

Thanks

Comment

I saw an advertisement the other day, a small agency in Vegas was seeking to fill police officer positions. The agency was a tribal police department in the middle of Las Vegas. I did not some more looking and talking and found out that the pay for the agency was almost more or comparable to smaller agencies in the area. Also all the officers are state certified officers. Might be something to look into. There was a posting in job listings on this site a few months back for that agency, good luck

Comment

Thanks Vegas

Vegas,

I would like to get your opinion on some of the issues, as I tend to worry about these type of things. Rather not put my life story on the web, but thought I could get you to drop me a line at lt_t***@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you.
              T***
              V/R
              T*** Tassone

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9272 users online. 432 members and 8840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X