300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collier County Info

Can any of you inform me about the Collier County Sheriff's? I am thinking about heading over there from the Palm Beaches and I heard it is a pretty good organization, although I am going to take a bit of a pay hit. I need to get my equivalency and they sponsor, so that in itself is kind of attractive. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

A friend of mine has family in Naples. He goes down about twice a year and has tossed around the idea of moving down there. The SO seems to be always hiring. They are very well respected and provide good training opportunities (like you said, they sponsor academy), and really really seem to be a great place to work. They have special units and long term opportunities that are never heard of in a similiar department up north.

Me, I just couldn't get used to the green/white uniforms.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Collier County Florida

Thanks jeepers, and to all of you I should have been a little more thorough by stating that I was looking into the Collier County Sheriff's in Florida. I will take any more advice or guidance one has to give on the area. Be Safe!!!

Comment

No Green/White uniforms. CCSO wears all grey. I live in Naples and could provide you with additional information if you would like it. PM me and I will try to help you out.

Comment

2297, are u leo at PBGPD or PBSO?? If so, what equivalency do you have to get, and how do you like working there. If not, never mind! Also, when I interned at PBC State Attorneys office, I assisted on the Gwen Napier case. Pretty crazy. Stay safe.
          Last edited by ufresdave; 02-11-2005, 03:11 AM.
          press hard-5 copies

Comment

Reply from 2297

Hey, thanks for writing. The equivalency is a course that varies in length, depending on where one takes it, but it brings an already certified out of state cop up to speed with the high liability stuff and goes through the basics, such as firearms, defensive tactics, and driving. A officer needs to be certified for one full year out of state to qualify and their acacdemy must be fairly equivalent. The trick is finding a agency that will sponsor you through the equiv. course. I am employed in Palm Beach County School District Police. I recently moved down here about six months ago and I wish I would have not anxious to get here, cause my department does not do anything towards Florida certification. Do your homework....Be Safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4706 users online. 222 members and 4484 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X