300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Virginia

I am currently employed in SW Virginia as a police officer and may possibly have to move to Northern Virginia for the spouses work. I was just curious if anyone could give me a little heads up on pro's and con's of departments up in that area specifically Loudon County SO and Prince William County PD. I know all about the traffic up there unfortunately. Thanks.
    Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

Fairfax is an excellent dept, lots of gangs however, and pay is not adequate considering the cost of living in the area. But all in all, if money and traffic is not an issue to you it is a good area to be in.

Comment

Hey Who,
      Loudoun County is looking for 70 positions to fill and they are
      actively recruiting in all areas of the agency. It's one of the
      fastest growing communities in Virginia and the salaries are not bad.
      Prince William is a good agency according to my friends who work
      for them. Fairfax and Arlington are both great places to work provided you can tolerate the traffic.
      Good luck,

ValyCop

Comment

You would figure Loudoun who have a website providing employment info.

TGY
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
          You would figure Loudoun who have a website providing employment info.

TGY
          You would think, their website wasn't very informative at all though. Appreciate the input though.
          Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

Comment

Originally posted by Who cares !
            You would think, their website wasn't very informative at all though. Appreciate the input though.
            LOL I guess I should have put some input. I pretty much grew up in VA Beach while my wife did in Stafford VA..
            Stafford has cahnegd quite a bit. I remeber when it was full of back roads and small farms. Now it looks like Fairfax. When I thought about returning to VA many things made me think otherwise but I did find some decent depts.
            Leesburg and Loudoun seemed like good depts and had still retain thier rural feel. Since that area is growing it would be a good time to get in since buying a house and/or other property will be a great investment. The pay will have to increase due to COL. Fairfax/Alexandria and that metro area had good depts. but you will havee to commute in order to keep your exspenses down.
            Point is look at the whole picture not just pay or location.

TGY
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I hear Prince William is EXTREMELY strict on previous background. Example- If you smoked marijuana even ONCE in your life you either dont remember OR you aint getting hired. I had over 7 yrs. with my department and was told after just a basic application that I dont meet therr minimum requirements.
              They dont require college and I had the experience, I was even told I didnt even need to take the entrance test.
              They pay ok but the Cost of living in North VA. is nauseating. Cheap house arond $350,000. BUT the shift alone is almosat worth it, they do 5-10hrs on, 5 OFF, 5 on 4 off. 5 on, then 4 off. Back to 5 on 5 OFF. Vacation every freakin week.
              "I pay your salary" Yeah So, Can I get a freakin raise???

It takes a village, this he knows is true

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4832 users online. 238 members and 4594 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X