300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Highgway Patrol

Hey everyone, Has anyone applied to the Florida Highway Patrol? If so what is the process like? I talked to a recruiter today and she was saying the process is kind of crazy for and out-of-state certified candidate. Any information would be appreciated.
    Last edited by pd821; 02-03-2005, 11:30 AM.

fhp

I was checking out the Fhp a few years ago and then found out that they don't give raises anymore. From my understanding what you are hired in at you stay at. I found that out at
    http://www.trooperpay.net/florida/wage.htm
    Just something to think about. Good luck.

Comment

Really!!!!!, i would already be taking a pay cut to lateral, i dont think id be comfortable knowing that there isnt a merit or yearly raise. Anymore info from troopers or others that have applied would be welcomed....thanks

Comment

Not a trooper, but a LEO in FL. Troopers only get raises when the state leg. votes on it. Thanks, but no thanks.
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Here is a link to the FHP website that may help you.

http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/Career/
          I've got friends in low places

Comment

pd821, let me ask you a question. Do you enjoy writing traffic citations and running from traffic crash to traffic crash? If so, FHP is for you. Thus the name - Florida HIGHWAY PATROL. If you want to get down and dirty with the rest of us and do ALL aspects of the job, you'd be better off going with a municipal or county agency.
            If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by pd821
              Really!!!!!, i would already be taking a pay cut to lateral, i dont think id be comfortable knowing that there isnt a merit or yearly raise. Anymore info from troopers or others that have applied would be welcomed....thanks
              pd821..I am guessing by your locality in the US that you work for a local PD. Now as SWAT mentioned if u want to write just tickets. FHP is good, but again, if you enjoy the local/county level...there are severl really outstanding agencies in Florida to apply to and I know the process to transfer your certification is not that difficult. All you have to do is just fork some $$ over at first. In Maryland, I have a few trooper friends who use to be FHP and came to MD because of the $$ being better...just something to think about..or we can trade jobs and I can move out to Vegas
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by SWATcop
                pd821, let me ask you a question. Do you enjoy writing traffic citations and running from traffic crash to traffic crash? If so, FHP is for you. Thus the name - Florida HIGHWAY PATROL. If you want to get down and dirty with the rest of us and do ALL aspects of the job, you'd be better off going with a municipal or county agency.
                That sums it up so perfectly, it brought a tear to my eye.

I'm always amazed at the dumbfounded looks of people who tell me they want to be a state trooper, after I tell them that they won't be responding to the outrageous 911 calls they see on "COPS", as a trooper.
                Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Thanks for the input, I've been looking at there (fhp) website and the fact that the pay pretty much sucks, I've decided to check into the local agencies. Thanks guys for your suggestions

Comment

Admit it delta and swat, youre just jealous of their STATEWIDE jurisdiction. Dont be ashamed.
                    press hard-5 copies

Comment

Originally posted by ufresdave
                      Admit it delta and swat, youre just jealous of their STATEWIDE jurisdiction. Dont be ashamed.
                      Hell, as far as I'm concerned I have NATIONwide jurisdiction.
                      If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7813 users online. 395 members and 7418 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X