300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replies

Surfin, Thanks. You in Allegheny County Academy now? Also did you take the county police test? Are you taking the sheriff's test? Good luck to you as well.

Njw, the polygraph is part of the background investigation. Hope that helps.

Comment

Normy no im in the Alleghany Academy. Im in the IUP Police Academy at CMU. We graduate in July. No I didnt take the Alleghany test because I was going to go down to FL and try to get on with the Sarasota County Sheriffs Office but they want 60 credits like Pittsburgh. But im kicking myself in the *** now since learning about the 60 credits. Oh well, guess ill be working part time for like 4 departments. Unless I get lucky. But unlikely.
      Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty thigns

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by Njw; 03-13-2005, 05:09 AM.

Comment

NJW, No I didnt know that the Sheriffs Dept was hiring. One guy in our academy is a reserve officer there and he has got some connections so maybe I should try that route. However I know the Sheriffs Dept up here isnt the same as it is down south. I think all they do is serving warrants and what have you. But if it gets me experiance and its full time maybe I should check it out.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Njw, The sheriff's department will put you through the Allegheny County police academy and then put you through deputy sheriff training in Penn State for 2 weeks afterwards. I was told me it would be a good opportunity to get certified and paid while I am at it. I had a question for you as well. I heard they are only opening back up the booking center in Mckeesport and keeping the other two closed is this what you have heard as well?
              Last edited by normy0; 03-09-2007, 09:52 AM.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Also i dont know if you know or not but my coordinator for our academy works for the Pittsburgh Academy. He stated that if you were just recently certified in Act 120 that your academy there would be shortend considerably im thinking he said something like 8 weeks or something like that

Comment

Pittsburgh does now use an accelerated or 'veteran' type class for Act 120 people. They are very short and will be short for sometime. Now in the news today I hear the Housing Police will be gone in less than 2 yrs. So you will be doing alot more project policing . Veteran class is about 6 weeks compared to the full 24 or 26 week class.
                    "I pay your salary" Yeah So, Can I get a freakin raise???

It takes a village, this he knows is true

Comment

I can't believe I moved back to Ny to finish my Bs degree and now they started hiring. I'd almost move back for the Turners tee, wilsons bbq on the north side and Quinn in the morning.

Comment

DOnt know about the tee shop but love Quinn and Rose www.warroom.com
                        and ya gotta miss Primanti's. The strip isnt what it used to be with Metropol and ROsebud closed and its now kinda turned more to a urban environment instead of dance clubs and nice bars but it is bust there on nice friday nights, we were almost toooooo busy there. Around 0145 we would stage around the area and pull traffic to try and avoid another shooting. Couplea big shootings over nights last summer.
                        The city will be hiring I think for a bit, they are under 795 or so and in 1995 when I started we were over 1200. Need more men. and women

Comment

I meant the iced tea by Turner Dairy I have to drive from buffalo to grove city just to get it. When I was living in monroeville i got hooked on it. I do miss Permanti's. I kill for a roast beef sandwich. The strip district was nice but if anyone gets a chance try that wilsons bbq in the north side on north taylor. that place has the best ribs. After I finish my bs. degree I think my wife and I might move back down, Im looking at probation more now. Hopefuly Murphey wont screw things up even more. Its a shame I did love there but what the point of living in Alleghany county when you could move to westmoreland, greene or surrouding counties and skip the deathly taxes.

Comment

Pittsburgh

I'm also taking the Pitts test in March. Any of the guys that took the allegheny county police test have you heard anything back about your scores yet?
                            I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

Comment

nothing yet from A.C.PD, I asked one of the ladies there and she said we'd hear something in about a month for the PE test.
                              Liberalism is a mental disorder
                              -Resistance implies Guilt-

Comment

I found out today during inservice that the McKees Rocks borough is hiringm kinda ****ty and real small, Also I tihnk Tarentum, PD is hiring. Tarentum is just around the NE section of Allegheny cty. Might only be hiring part timers though. York regional is always looking for guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7135 users online. 344 members and 6791 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X