300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine state police

Can anyone here tell me about the following about Maine state police?

A)Good agency to work for?? pros cons??

B)Can anyone describe the entrance tests/length of time of application??

C)The alert test?Is there any publications that are available to assist you to study with it??

D)Do you have any choice of where you wish to work in Maine or is it at their discretion??

E)Do they run regular academies or is it a rather hotch potch affair??
    "Well, I never had an invisible friend when I was young, but I'm sure that if I did, it would be Constable Smiley."

Try the Maine State Police website or contact one of their recruiters they could help with most of these questions.

Comment

Hey Eastside, I'm actually going through the process right now for the Maine State Police. There aren't any study materials for the alert test, it's a pretty basic reading and comprehension test. How old are you? Education? I took it with little to no trouble. They grade it on the spot. I'm taking the physical test next week, which consists of at least 29 pushups, 39 situps, and running 1.5 miles in under 12:51 for the 20-29 age group. After I pass that I go on to the oral boards, and once passing that I get put on a register ranked by how well I passed each test. They are currently recruiting for the academy which is in Vassalboro and is used by both the state and local pds. The academy starts in August and is 18 weeks. You do not have a choice where they send you. More than likely you will end up in a place you don't want to be, but with time you can request transfers. Where are you living now? If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Comment

Here are the links to the Maine State Police:
        http://www.state.me.us/dps/msp/home.htm

Maine Criminal Justice Academy:
        http://www.state.me.us/dps/mcja

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14656 users online. 413 members and 14243 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X