300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more Information about Florida

Ive been a Pa Cop now for 5 years and thinking about a move to a lager department...My current department has only 4 full-timers would like to experience a larger department with more opportunities to advance. I have looked into the PASS certification for Florida a meet all the requirements and would like to hear more from the Florida Officers about their departments.....Thanks.....

The weather is HOT HOT HOT, in July and August especialy. The Tampa and St. Pete area agencies have the highest pay outside of Broward and Miami-Dade counties, but the cost of living is more down there. Hillsborough agencies generaly pay anywhere from 1-5 thousand more than Pinellas agencies. Pinelles however is a nicer county to live in (my opinion). All the agencies in Hillsborough CO. have at least 40 officers.

As of 2003 stats, Officers per agency in Hillsborough CO. are as follows...

Temple Terrace Police Department-46
    Tampa Police Department-967
    Plant City Police Department-65 (I think they are over 70 now)
    Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office-1,073 (not including Jail)
    Tampa International Airport Police Department-65
    University Of South Florida Police Department-53

Comment

Florida

How about Charlotte County Sheriff?...

Comment

What area of Florida are you thinking of moving to? East coast? West coast? Panhandle? Keys? When you say "larger agency," do you mean one that's larger than yours or something MUCH larger like Tampa or Miami?
        If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

West Coast, around the Charlotte County area, I was looking into the Charlotte County Sheriffs office, something about that size nothing extremely huge. Thanks for the help !!

Comment

How is Jacksonville Sheriffs?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12561 users online. 383 members and 12178 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X