300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland and New Jersey

Anyone know of any good departments located in New Jersy or Maryland that offer a good salary, low cost of living and some decent to above average benifits? I know it sounds too good but let me know.

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Re: Maryland and New Jersey

Originally posted by That Guy
    Anyone know of any good departments located in New Jersy or Maryland that offer a good salary, low cost of living and some decent to above average benifits? I know it sounds too good but let me know.

TGY

Pretty much all the Depts. in Maryland keep their salaires competitive with each other, cost of living on the other hand, you may not find it cheap for the dept. you choose to work with, Many like myself, live and work in a different county because of the costs, etc...
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

90% of NJ departments are on a statewide civil service exam. So unless you score high enough with VP, Id suggest MD.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

NJ

Most of the big departments in NJ are civil service but the small departments are mostly individual county chiefs tests. The small towns are where you make all the money and have the best benefits (no cost to employee). Cost of living is through the roof in this stae which is why the pay is so good. Best of luck

Comment

I know of a few officers who work in Baltimore County, Maryland, and live over the border in Pennsylvania. The cost of living in southern PA is quite a bit lower than in Maryland (so I have been told).

I don't know if other northern Maryland departments will permit the same thing, but it's a thought.....
          http://www.municipaldesigns.com - Web solutions for municipal government, police, fire, and EMS agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo8
            I know of a few officers who work in Baltimore County, Maryland, and live over the border in Pennsylvania. The cost of living in southern PA is quite a bit lower than in Maryland (so I have been told).

I don't know if other northern Maryland departments will permit the same thing, but it's a thought.....
            Pretty much all Depts, in Maryland do not have a residency requirement. Even with the State Police, u can live in PA, but haver to leave your cruiser in MD. We have a 50 (air) mile radius which outs us at a good distance away.
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Living in southern Maryland, I can tell that only the Departments that have decent salaries are around in the Metro DC areas. Unfortunately, the high cost of living scrubs away any salary gains!

Take a look at the Anne Arundle and Montgomery County Police Departments to get an idea of the salaies, then check the real estate costs of those areas. It may be worth while looking elsewhere?

Best of luck,

Puffy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16607 users online. 294 members and 16313 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X