300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose hiring in the Orlando, FL area?

I'm going on vacation in the Orlando, FL area from the 26th to the Jan 2nd and am looking to maybe apply to a couple departments. I plan on taking the CJBAT at Valencia CC but i'm having trouble finding out whose hiring. Looks like Tampa only takes certified and I won't be able to make Orlando's civil service test.

Re: Whose hiring in the Orlando, FL area?

Originally posted by EMcNeice
    I'm going on vacation in the Orlando, FL area from the 26th to the Jan 2nd and am looking to maybe apply to a couple departments. I plan on taking the CJBAT at Valencia CC but i'm having trouble finding out whose hiring. Looks like Tampa only takes certified and I won't be able to make Orlando's civil service test.
    There are a few departments hiring in the Orlando area. Apopka, Maitland,UCF, Winter Garden to name a few.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I believe that both Orange and Osceola Sheriff are hiring, but you have to be enrolled in an academy to apply.

Most of the departments in the area, with the exception of OPD, don't do pre-hires. That means you're going to have to put yourself through the academy and then apply.

Comment

Ocoee and Sanford are usually hiring on a regular basis as well. What ever you do stay away from Eatonville.

Comment

Re: Re: Whose hiring in the Orlando, FL area?

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
          There are a few departments hiring in the Orlando area. Apopka, Maitland,UCF, Winter Garden to name a few.
          Do you need to already be in an academy for these departments?

Comment

Orlando and Orange county are the only agencies that will hire non-certified applicants. Yes the other departments listed will only take applications from certified applicants.

Comment

Re: Whose hiring in the Orlando, FL area?

Originally posted by EMcNeice
              Orlando is extremely competative. I am working on a master degree and did not make it to the last exam. Also, I was told by a SGT that if they will take certified people with experience over non certified any day. Keep in mind that Orlando is one of the highest paid in region.
              If you would like to be sponsor, you may have to head to South Florida, where most departments seem to be sponsoring. The departments in Central Florida do not sponsor for the most part, and orange will only sponsor those with 20 years of military service (j/k) and/or college degrees.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I may just take the CJBAT while i'm there at least.

Comment

UCF doesnt require an academy and will sponser. I used to work as a city cop for an unnamed Orange county agency (hint hint, the chief went through another city council investigation and we were known for writing tickets on Orange Ave.. alot of tickets)

I know Winter Garden is now sponsering however Im unsure of their process. Sanford requires FDLE cert. as does Ocoee (which is currently not hiring) Casselberry had police trainee spots however the pay was horrible during the academy.

Comment

Wow...Winter Garden is sponoring..I've been out of the scene for awhile now I guess. I was suprised to see you say Ocoee is not hiring right now. They were always at my academy trying to recruit. This going back five years now though..

Comment

I appiled to Winter Garden along with an uncert from my current agency and he was told that they are paying for people to go thru. I know they promoted a dispatcher and sent her thru a year ago. Ocoee I guess has met there quota until someone leaves for OPD. Man when I went thru the academy in Seminole, we had agencies from Volusia all the thru to Hillsborough recruiting for cops.

Comment

mait whats wrong with eatonville?

Comment

Originally posted by thepowerhouse
                          mait whats wrong with eatonville?
                          Town very rarely backs the police. Police had drugs and guns stolen from the evidence room during the summer by hoodlums who were assigned to help them move. Shall I go on?

Comment

no no, i get the picture... what do you know about pasco county s.o.?

Comment

Originally posted by thepowerhouse
                              no no, i get the picture... what do you know about pasco county s.o.?
                              I know its on the West coast just north of Tampa.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9475 users online. 291 members and 9184 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X