300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Pd

I am thinking of applying as a lateral with city of miami.I have 5 years experience and recently became Fl certified. Anybody know anything about the process? How long it takes? What do they do in terms of increased salary? What type of schedule do they work? How are the benefits? At my current dept. (3,500 officers) it is difficult to get out of patrol. How tough is it at Miami? Are there good amounts of OT and details/outside work to be had? Any other thoughts morale, cost of living, schools systems in the area would be great.

Re: Miami Pd

Originally posted by substation
    I am thinking of applying as a lateral with city of miami.I have 5 years experience and recently became Fl certified. Anybody know anything about the process? How long it takes? What do they do in terms of increased salary? What type of schedule do they work? How are the benefits? At my current dept. (3,500 officers) it is difficult to get out of patrol. How tough is it at Miami? Are there good amounts of OT and details/outside work to be had? Any other thoughts morale, cost of living, schools systems in the area would be great.
    the process is just like anywhere else. written test, poly, psych, medical, physical ability test. when i went through the process it only took 8 weeks until i my first day but today i think it takes about 4 months. we get raises every year until we top out in i think 7 or 10 years. top out pay isnt the highest but the benefits are good and we get longevity pay. how long it takes to leave patrol depends on you, if youre good, there's oportunities, if not, you might as well quit. there's tons of details. cost of living sucks, schools suck, morale is getting better. we work 10 hour shifts 4 days a week.
    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
    William Shatner

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12690 users online. 310 members and 12380 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X