Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

States that will accept Michigan Police Academy Training?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• States that will accept Michigan Police Academy Training?

Deleted.
    Last edited by x19delta; 12-18-2004, 10:31 AM.
    "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Well no offense, but why would you go to another state if you just put yourself through an Academy? And i mean just because you have a CJ degree or what not, does not mean you will ger hired anywhere. You can have a PHD, but a sloppy background. Most states only go by their standards, unless its POST Certification. But you should have found that out while in the academy. Every state has their own standards, in Maryland if I choose to go to PA or Florida, for example. I would have to attend another academy.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
      Well no offense, but why would you go to another state if you just put yourself through an Academy? And i mean just because you have a CJ degree or what not, does not mean you will ger hired anywhere. You can have a PHD, but a sloppy background. Most states only go by their standards, unless its POST Certification. But you should have found that out while in the academy. Every state has their own standards, in Maryland if I choose to go to PA or Florida, for example. I would have to attend another academy.
      I was told before I went to the academy that several other states accept Michigan's standards. I dont have a sloppy background but I understand your point. Florida was one of the states that I was told would accept Michigan's police academy training. The only reason I am thinking of other state agencies is because the hiring in Michigan right now sucks. There arent many jobs in LE in the state of michigan. Budgets and all...they arent good. Any other MI police officers on here can second that Im sure.
      "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Actually no Florida will not unless you met all of the standards during the Police Academy and without experience, it may be hard to get on. They have their own which is the FDLE, they do not take transfers, etc...you must attend their academy, usually at local community college. I am sorry that Michigan sucks, but why go through a Police Academy their anyway? I mean that just seems pointless, since you want to go elsewhere, you have no experience and nobody would let you in just because of grad a police academy, still have to get hired...and thats the tricky part..good luck to you.
        Last edited by irishlad2nv; 12-17-2004, 04:58 PM.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

florida requirements

IN RESPONSE TO WHO ACCEPTS MICHIGAN BASIC ACADEMY CERTIFICATION, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT FLOIRDA WILL NOT EVEN LOOK TWICE AT YOU IF HAVN'T HAD AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF LAW ENFORCEMENT SERVICE, AND IT CANT BE RESERVE WORK. IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF FULL TIME OFFICER EXPERIENCE, I THINK YOU'LL STILL HAVE TO ATTEND A TWO WEEK COURSE FOR THE STATE EXAM AND PASS HIGH LIABILITY AREAS (DT'S, FIREARMS, AND EVOC). GOOD LUCK

Comment

Dude, find something closer. As I just posted in another thread, the south doesn't pay as much in the area of LE as the good ol' north does. That being said, listen to the others. Why did you put yourself through an academy if you planned on "running away from home"? No offense, dude, but your quals are nothing outstanding. Not anything more than anyone else your age could get. The only other academy standards FDLE recognizes (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been over ten years since I checked) is Ohio...for some reason those Buckeyes set the standard for law enforcement TRAINING...

Be that as it may, do not go into this field as if you are unique. The only thing that will get you a #1 spot these days is FLUENCY in Spanish. Nobody cares if you have academy (most credible departments will put you through NQA if they want you), no one cares about PADI...county agencies typicaly have waterway jurisdiction anyhow. Prove yourself! How? Dude, a lot of getting a job is all about "right place right time". Best of luck and I hope to see you in blue soon...
            "Generations come and generations go but nothing really ever changes."

Comment

LOL...good one....but true..!!!

Comment

I'm from New Jersey and from what I have heard departments in other states love guys with NJ training. I guess the training in NJ is top notch. Just my two cents...but I know if you come to NJ, you're going back through...but on their dime..and the pay here is pretty damn good!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9224 users online. 216 members and 9008 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X