300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYSP Medical/ Academy Dates?

Just a hopefull applicant waiting for more word on the upcoming Medical exam or first academy date for 2005. I have heard some rummors but nothing official. Has anybody applying for NYSP, or has anybody that works for the NYS Troopers heard anything more official?

Take care, and Happy Holidays!

All I can offer is more of the rumours...

Academy date is supposed to be Feb 14th and the medical was puched back from early Dec to early Jan. The letters should be sent out real soon...
    Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Hey Thanks for the quick reply! That's the same thing I've heard. A few weeks ago I had to put in for a change of address, since I am in the process of moving back up to NY from FL, and I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything in the mail.

Comment

I was invited to attend the first academy class which would of had me process medically Aug 2004. I recieved my acceptance letter or wahtever you call it at the begining of July. I had to defer because I am currently serving overseas in OIF II. When I get back I have 17 months active duty left. I was hoping to complete medical and everything else so once I come off of AD I can role right into the next academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect2
          I was invited to attend the first academy class which would of had me process medically Aug 2004. I recieved my acceptance letter or wahtever you call it at the begining of July. I had to defer because I am currently serving overseas in OIF II. When I get back I have 17 months active duty left. I was hoping to complete medical and everything else so once I come off of AD I can role right into the next academy.
          August was the PAT not the medical. Letters for the PAT were sent out in July. That is what you received, not an invitation to the first academy. After the PAT you still have to do the Poly, pysch, and the background investigation... The letters still have not been sent out for the medical as of Dec 06 according to my recruiter...

Comment

Sorry about that, I guess I miss understood. I am so anxious to get this processing out of the way. That and I also have a few federal applications going in to the USSS, FBI, CIA, and AF OSI. Not really sure what will happen with those. I am counting on my graduate degree, military experience, and security clearance as being big factors into why I should be hired.

Comment

Suspect, I am sure that any of those agencies would be lucky to have you based on your military and education alone -- assuming you don't sell human organs on the black market on your free time

Just so you know about the federal agencies: If you have been to Iraq or Afghanistan the background guy will really go indepth on who you came in contact in these nations. A buddy of mine who joined the FBI said they wanted to know names of any Arabs he had come in contact with on a regualr basis and the names of ever city or town he visited. My buddy spent time in Afghanistan and Iraq and couldn't remember ever place and this was an issue for a while...
              If the FBI did this I am thinking the CIA and USSS would be even more indept with the process.

Are you an Officer? What is your MOS? Most of the peope in the process for the first class for the NYSP are either prior service or active getting ready to ETS.

Good luck either way!

Comment

Wannabe, you saved me the other day from callin my bi and losing my mind. On another forum you mentioned what ur recruiter had said about the Feb class and I was so relieved. I was getting really annoyed at my bi asking me arbitrary questions at almost the end of November because I thought the medical was this month. All the info I had related that the academy was beginning in Jan and I was really worried. The last class just graduated yesterday so I would imagine the academy cadre need time to recoupe. What does have me worried is that this last class has pushed the nysp to about 4700 personnel. How many more do you think they'll employ if they're not really losing anyone? Well all the luck to everyone trying to make it.

Comment

Yes, I am an officer. AF Security Forces or 31P3. My wife is also an active duty officer. In the past 2.5 years we have lived together for 25 days. This is a HUGE driving factor into why I want to move back to NY (where we are both from).

Comment

Originally posted by friedom77
                    How many more do you think they'll employ if they're not really losing anyone? Well all the luck to everyone trying to make it.
                    What every trooper will tell you is that the NYSP always need more troopers, but it all depends on the budget. They have been having class sizes of close to 200 for a while now and hopefully it won't stop any time soon. Either way, good luck to everyone. I am sure I am not the only one running out to check the mail everyday and jumping on all these forum boards waiting for someone to hear anything...

Comment

How many more do you think they'll employ if they're not really losing anyone? Well all the luck to everyone trying to make it.
                      What every trooper will tell you is that the NYSP always need more troopers, but it all depends on the budget. They have been having class sizes of close to 200 for a while now and hopefully it won't stop any time soon. Either way, good luck to everyone. I am sure I am not the only one running out to check the mail everyday and jumping on all these forum boards waiting for someone to hear anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect2
                        Yes, I am an officer. AF Security Forces or 31P3. My wife is also an active duty officer. In the past 2.5 years we have lived together for 25 days. This is a HUGE driving factor into why I want to move back to NY (where we are both from).
                        25 days in the last 2.5 yrs is insane... I have friends who went to Afganistan for 9 months, recieved a 90 day break, and then off to Iraq for 18 months...

Good luck to you in the remainder of your enlistment and I am sure you will get picked up by almost any agency you apply too...

Comment

What does have me worried is that this last class has pushed the nysp to about 4700 personnel. How many more do you think they'll employ if they're not really losing anyone? Well all the luck to everyone trying to make it.
                          Ha... I wish we weren't loosing anyone... There are retirements on a daily basis. We are so short on the road it isn't funny. Don't fool yourself into thinking that 4700 is the number of us on the road. That number includes everyone who Divison pays... about 1/2 of that is the number of road Troopers.

Good luck to all of you out there waiting on your medical processing letters... it's a long road but it's worth it.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16454 users online. 327 members and 16127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X