300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Change

Is it unrealistic for a 39 yr old fireman with 15 trs expeirence to consider a career change to law enforcement. I have 1 blemish from 20 yrs ago of stealing an umbrella during a thunderstorm for my family when unemployed.?????

Go for it. I wasn't certified until I was 40. We just did a series of interviews, and the people that did the best were those with real world experiance.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Career change

My spouse feels that I'm to old. Does the firefigthing expeirence dealing with the public come in handy. I'm in a supervisoral position where I have been for 9 yrs. I'm also a medic and would like to be in the NC/TN area but most of them call for certified and I am pretty confident it would be a paycut. But what the hell you only live once. I currently find myself unchallenged in my position of just waiting for something to happen.

Comment

You're not too old. Any experiance with dealing with the public is valuable. Plus, as a Firefighter, I'm sure you're used to dealing with stress. I'd consider your career as a Firefighter as a plus.
        Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Re: Career change

Originally posted by arringnl
          Does the firefigthing expeirence dealing with the public come in handy.
          I'm not sure exactly how it would help you to deal with the public (other than medical calls), but it will certainly help you in other areas. I've been cross-certified as a firefighter for the last 15 years, and there are things that firefighters know that cops don't. Not only do you know what NOT do do at a fire, but in extreme circumstances you can always take off the 8 point hat, throw on some gear, and grab a nozzle.
          If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12631 users online. 390 members and 12241 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X